General Stilo Forum Issues & Development

Currently reading:
General Stilo Forum Issues & Development

T14086 said:
Point was Stu do we really need a rating system,what does it prove? All advice given is with good intention:)
I see it as a way to quickly locate useful information instead of having to wade through threads which just end up as chatter - which has got to be a good thing surely.

I don't know why you're so negative - you'd most likely get the most points anyway :) (OK perhaps not all the time :p )

We used to have a members reputation system on here, but the 1st run of it got abused :chin: then it was re-run, whereby only mods could dish it out :D, and then that got stopped....

Stage 3 is in hand ;)

Argonought said:
I don't know why you're so negative - you'd most likely get the most points anyway :) (OK perhaps not all the time :p )

No no its got nothing to do with that...I'm more than happy to share any information I have (except certain things which I feel should remain 'with Fiat' or because of safety issues) & I learn alot from others here.The FF is good for everyone & is also funny,friendly &suitable for all ages.......mods please leave cash in box 3354 as previously arranged;)
I just dont feel the need for a rating system as like I said it proves nothing,anyone could for instance look up in the manual CD they brought off ebay to answer questions to 'score' points but getting the info from someone who has done the job as illistrated in many of the guides is far more informative however I am just one member of thousands here so will happily 'go with the flow':)

One of the ideas being discussed I beleive; I suggested a similar format to the italian Stilo club that sub-categorises electrical, mechanical e.t.c.

rroope said:
One of the ideas being discussed I beleive; I suggested a similar format to the italian Stilo club that sub-categorises electrical, mechanical e.t.c.

but...............(being akward here:D ) a relay is a electromechanical device so should that be in the mechanical or electrical section:chin:

engine/electrical/steering & suspension/brakes/body/interior trim etc catagories would be better would it not?

T14086 said:
If you rate a thread & give it a zero or one star....does anyone know its you?

Nope, and it doesn't seem to matter; I chose a random thread to vote for and gave it 1 star; hasn't shown.

Think it just counts it against any decent votes and will only display good averages.

rroope said:
Nope, and it doesn't seem to matter; I chose a random thread to vote for and gave it 1 star; hasn't shown.
When I first voted on this thread, it never showed above - maybe it needs a minimum number of votes before it registers properly on the forum - let me know which 'random' thread it was....

The star rating is interesting.

This thread has 5 star rating from 5 votes with 4.6 average so:

4 people voted 5 stars and 1 voted 3 stars or
3 people voted 5 stars and 2 voted 4 stars​

From what I can see this is the only tread with any stars at all which is not surprising as the logic of the system is fatally flawed (n)

Votes don't seem to count until the system receives 4 or 5 votes and it's human nature to not bother to vote if you don't see a result (political comment there :D ).

:chin: The system should average from a count of just one

Argonought said:
:chin: The system should average from a count of just one
Indeed - me and Rich voted on another thread, and no vote is showing yet - so needs at least one more!

Let's leave it for now - the software on here is about to be fully updated, so maybe that will raise more issues. I will chat to Ben about it in any case (y)

StiloBoy said:
Can someone make this a sticky topic, why not have one nice post with all the obvious faults and home fixes if there are some.

1. Not my fix, but i confirm it works. Creaking front suspension, fixed by squirting some 3-in-1 Silicone grease into the spring cups, cures the fault.

Yes, Research Garage at Nuneaton have just done the recall mod on front springs on mine, i also complained re squeaks and they've squirted grease everywhere, even on top of the springs under the bonnet(soory not v technical!). But they changed a drop link as well, that's both sides this year and it's only on 16K.

Back