General Stilo Door inner panels (cards?)

Currently reading:
General Stilo Door inner panels (cards?)

;):yuck:Hi Guys,

On my 02 3 door the handle/arm thing that you pull to close the door is starting to come away from the door panel (card?) I wouls guess that this is fairly terminal,so what I would like to know is 1) how do you remove it? 2) is the job simple enough for a knob like me? and 3) whats the best place to get a replacement?

Thanks

;):yuck:Hi Guys,

On my 02 3 door the handle/arm thing that you pull to close the door is starting to come away from the door panel (card?) I wouls guess that this is fairly terminal,so what I would like to know is 1) how do you remove it? 2) is the job simple enough for a knob like me? and 3) whats the best place to get a replacement?

Thanks

There is a guide on here in the guides section (shows you all the bolts and things) and yeah it is pretty simple the hardest thing i found is getting the handle mechanism back on but even that doesnt take too much effort.
Which one do you need and which colour because i need a passenger card so it may be easier/cheaper trying to source 2 and having 1 each.

As I recall from my 1.6, it needn't be terminal. A lot of the plastic bits (armrest, handle etc) are glued on to the door card. I removed the card then reattached the plastic parts to the door card with self tapping screws (accessing from the inside of the door card of course, so they didn't show).

Just be careful to choose screws of the correct length, otherwise they may burst through the plastic and into the interior side of the door card.

Hope that helps.

Back