Technical Stilo cooling system?

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo cooling system?

av8

Hello all

My first post here, i'm after some advice on the stilo's cooling system.

Basically how much will this system hold fluid wise, i've got the 1.8 stilo if it makes any difference i'm not sure?
I know i'd prefer to do a 50/50 mix too so if i get the paraflu i'll be better using that than something from Halfords?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

Woz ;)

Hi Warren, welcome to the FF.

Here's the capacities page from the Stilo owners Manual.

Dave

Attachments

• Stilo Capacities.jpg
    Stilo Capacities.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Thanks
Reactions: av8
I know i'd prefer to do a 50/50 mix too so if i get the paraflu i'll be better using that than something from Halfords?
paraflu and the stuff at halfords are exactly the same, its still ethylene glycol no matter what sticker you put on the bottle.

• Thanks
Reactions: av8
Hi Warren, welcome to the FF.

Here's the capacities page from the Stilo owners Manual.

Dave

Thank you very much Dave, much appreciated for that info & thanks for the welcome. (y)

Forgot to ask, does the water added to the anti-freeze have to be distilled water or could i use bottled spring/mineral water?

Warning! Don't know about all Stilos but certainly the Abarth version has a real air lock issue.

In the Stilo Abarth there is an air bleed valve totally hidden and buried at the top of the radiator. There is no "top of rad" fluid feed back to the header tank so you will always have an airlock about 20% down the radiator core. (locate top rad hose at 20% down rad")

In most cases the car will cool ok but the radiator will eventually fail at the water/air interface.

Notes from my service file are as follows

"Radiator drops out fromm bottom of car. Ramps just give enough clearance.
Battery and battery box have to be totally removed.
Radiator hoze elbow joints are snap fit with internal moulded rubber seals
To release water connections press the diagonally opposite raised clip band steps.
Gently wiggle off connections.

On reassemble I removed the small resonatorbox on the air inlet to air box tube.
This was done as otherwise one cannot access the radiator top bleed screw."

Why Fiat but a bleed screw totally inaccessible after production I will never know.

Nick /////

Even better don't drain the stuff out and create air locks in the first place. Do the same as renewing the brake fluid, put new fluid in the reservoir and drain the old stuff out at the same time

Put new already mixed and warm coolant in the reservoir with the engine running and drain the old from the return line to the reservoir. Done in 10 minutes and with no chance of air locks

Last edited:
Back