Technical Stilo CD Changer

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo CD Changer

Osman

Oswestry DM
I just bought the whole kit, changer, glovebox and extension lead from a Fiat main dealer for £145 including postage. The item is on ebaye item number 200050846992. He says £150 + £10 p&p or best offer. I offered £135 and it was accepted. You will have to hurry though he only has 4 left at time of writing.

Just fitted it and to my surprise found the connector for the changer behind the glovebox so didn't need the extension lead so have a spare 1Mtr cable if anyone's interested. The changer worked fine straight away no code required even though it came with one.

No it's just a !.9 JTD multiwagon but it does have Connect Nav+. On an 03 plate.

Ah cool. Yeah, any Stilo with factory fitted CN+ should have the CDC cable pre-installed (found this out when we changed the loom in the Schumi for a factory loom with CN+).

Hi,
Can someone please help me. I have a stilo with the standard tape head and purchased a cd changer with glovebox adaptor but the cable from the back of the cd changr is about 4 inches to short. i went to fiat for an extension cable to breach the cap and they were useless to say the least.

I assume there is such a cable but where can i get it from? If the cable doesn't exist any suggestons to fix the problem?

So you got the original cable? I found them to be massively too long! The changer has it's own cable coming out of it but you need a cable from the changer to the headunit.

Yeah i agree with rroope, how long is the cable supplied.
I'm sure the one i had was at least 24 inches.

Or is the way your routing the cable that is making it too short?

I didn't realise i needed to get a cable as well as the one at the back of the changer. i assumed it simply plugged into the back of the head unit. Well i know better noe. Cheers

Back