Technical Stilo cam cover damaged replacement or alternatives 1.8

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo cam cover damaged replacement or alternatives 1.8

Hello all nice fiat people
I have managed to snap my cam cover corner
For Fiat Sake!
No I wasn't using a torque setting but it wasn't heavy handed ness In my opinion
Has anyone tried rebadging there engine with a different cover I wonder?
Maybe Alfa or for my 1.8 the punto hgt one
The stilo 1.8 one is hard to find and the hgt has a metal coil cover too I think, I could ditch the plastic. yeah!
Perhaps if I changed it for the hgt head too? What difference would it make I wonder
If anyone has a cover for me to buy, or perhaps like minded suggestions about alternatives for the cover or head it would be much appreciated.
Thanks
David

Nobody seemed interested in this topic but I will report my findings none the less. The punto hgt and the stilo 1.8 are exactly the same cam cover so you can swap them in for each other. However the punto has an cast aluminium coil cover and the stilo has a plastic cover. It makes no difference because you can use either but I did find for the cast cover you would need to use the punto's plastic coil wiring holder as it seemed to be in the way if I wanted to fit the cast one. I was in a rush so I put the stilo one on but I might get the punto one powder coated at a later date and use it because it looks nicer than the plastic one. Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe the block is the same as the hgt one too. They are both Vvt and produce the same power output. So anyone who likes the punto hgt because of its sporty feel I would suggest looking at the 1.8 stilo as I would argue it was a better chassis. I have had the stilo abarth but it was a pain to work on due to the very thing I loved about it and drew me to it after owning the bravo hgt before it, lovely 5 pot rasp. I now drive the bravo tjet sport but love my stilo too and so glad I found a replacement for the cam cover after 2 weeks of hunting. The bravo, brava and coupe 1.8's are not VVT from what I found so the heads are different but cam covers could be the same, needs more investigation. I believe the barchetta 1.8 may have Vvt too but again I am not sure but this could be the same head and cam cover too.
Thanks
David

Glad you got it sorted. To be fair, it's probably not so much a lack of interest as the rarity of the occurrence. First cracked cover I've heard of, and I've been on this forum a few years...

Generally people here are very helpful.

Back