Technical Stilo Airbag Connectors Greased Up

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo Airbag Connectors Greased Up

DForce

Hi All,

I'm a new owner of a second hand Stilo 1.9 JTD 115.
Now I know this is the x-th topic about Airbag Connectors, but I've found something strange in my car.

I've just driven the car for one week and didn't had any problems until last weekend. Then the Airbag fault light came up and engine fault showing in the display of the dashboard.

While searching through this forum for any tips I've seen that I should check every airbag connector in the car available. After searching I found one connector greased up! why? I've taken a picture with my phone so you can see what I'm talking about.

15012011948.jpg

What should I do?
Get all the grease off seems the best idea to me.

btw. the right-rear light has some leakage inside the reflector, there is some water in there. Maybe that is why they've put some grease on the connector.

Greetings,
Matthijs from The Netherlands

Hi Matthijs. Welcome to the FF.

The 'grease' looks like Vaseline but I'm not sure whether Fiat used it or as you suggest, someone has used it because of the water leak. If you don't have a problem with that connector, I would leave it alone.

I've tested the cabinet for leakage, but it's completely dry. So I've removed the grease of the connector, after turning the ignition key a few times, the error went away! :) Happy me!

21012011962.jpg

Been driving for one week without any problems with the airbag-error-messages.

Thanks for the reply!
Greetings,
Matthijs

i was getting interminant airbag light fault , until i tie rapped the under seat connectors tightly together now as not come back up in last 9 months :)

Back