General Stilo Advice?

Currently reading:
General Stilo Advice?

michael62

Looking to buy a used 3dr Stilo.I like the look but could do with some advice about models(1.6 dynamic seems to get best review).I know depreciation is really steep.Also the ride ,handling on the Stilo.Any advice/suggestions/comments would be welcome.
Thanks Michael

hi m8. i just traded in my 1.6 dynamic for an abarth, havibg had the 1.6 for two years. the depreciation is a bit high but if you are buying used it wil already have taken the hit. i found the ride/handling to be great. it is a comfy quiet well balanced car that is better equiped than most rivals. it has its problems, as you will see by reading the forum, but this can be said for any car. it is still the best looking car around so go for it.

metalboot.jpg

Hello people,

I'm also thinking of getting a 3dr Stilo, I'm currently torn between the Petrol 1.6/1.8 or the Diesel. I'm swaying toward the diesel to be honest, for running costs etc. I think I can afford the extra outlay to buy it (esp. if I get newish used one)

Performance wise is there a great deal of difference with the Petrol vs Diesel? I like Torque-y engines, but never driven a Diesel hard. Unfortunately the Abarth is out of the equasion due to the Insurance and running costs of a big engine.

My 1.2 Punto isn't thrilling me. And come to think of it, never has.

Cheers,

From the moaning on here, i wouldn't bother with the 1.6 or 1.8. But the JTD owners are always happy, and you won't find a 1.2 owner with a frown when asked about performance/economy! :)

53 plate, Stilo 3-door, Sassy grey, Alloys to follow, 1.2 Active, 5-Disc CD-Changer -- 45mpg!

My 1.6 petrol gives very good performance, and gives reasonable fuel consumption. 38mpg is currently displayed on my average comsumption screen. I reckon this would go down a bit if you pushed the car and had a bit more fun with it. The engine loves being revved and sounds good too. So I'd recomend a 1.6. And if you lived in scotland or where a bit tight you could always put a brick under the accelerator to stop yourself pressing it too hard. :)

1.6 Dynamic 5door Steel grey 5 disc CD.

Around mid thirties in my 1.6 - which ain't fantastic I know, but I do enjoy getting my boot down. If fuel economy was my main concern then; a)I wouldn't have bought that car & b) I'd drive like an old woman. Sometimes you just gotta enjoy what you've got rather than sweating over a few extra MPG, still - I guess we all have diferent priorities
:)

Stilo MY04 1.6 Active Sport
Met. Black

Insurance £251 pa = 68p a day.
Tax £145 pa = 39p a day.
Service £150 pa = 41p a day.
General Wear & Tear (Tyres, etc) £300 pa = 82p a day.

All in all I reckon my Stilo costs me £2.30 a day to run, pretty cheap motoring if you ask me!

Now here's the downside, I bought in 2003 for £8995 from Jamjar, list was £11600 from FIAT dealership. In 2006 after 3 years of ownership I'm expecting a return of £4000 thats a loss of £5000 over three years thats £4.56 a day at the price I bought it at. If I'd bought it from the dealership it would cost me £6.94 a day in depreciation! [:0]

With Italian cars you actually lose more in residuals than it cost to run the damn thing!

Shocking or what??????????????????

TC. [8D]

I second that; rather be seen in the alternative choice than the equivalent Ford, Vauxhall, Audi, Citroen, Volkswagon etc etc clone - even if some of those cars are the 'better car'...they still mark you out as just another driver (exceptions permitted to that sweeping generalisation obviously):)

Techno Grey Stilo Abarth

I wouldn't turn down an Audi :) the others probably.

March '04, 5 dr 1.4 Stilo Active & Sept '00, 5 dr 1.2 HLX Punto.

pretty happy with the 1.6 stilo dynamic here, that is when im driving it, im somehow able to get the car running fairly econemic while at speed while let my mother drive the car all the time and its sitting at 33 or 34 mpg.

My Brava being the 1.2 just amazes me, can spank it a bit and still get 42mpg, give it long drives and 47mpg is easly achevable

And being a stones throw away from Mr Browns home and constituency, im glad to say I aint given him as much as I used to when I had the 214 :p

Scorg

02 Stilo Dynamic 1.6
Sky Blue
01 Brava 80SX (and capable of 47mpg :D )
Ink Black

June 6th 1944
You will not be forgotten

Back