Technical Stilo 2.4 problem

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo 2.4 problem

AbarthSA

Hi guys, can you tell me what component this is on the 2.4? I'm having a huge problem that right after i changed oul on my car it's blowing massive amounts of white smoke from the exhaust. Ibwas told it can be brake fluid getting into the intake, a faulty egr ( can't even find it) or a blown headgasket. But why would a headgasket blow after a service. Please help...i'm really desperate...it's my only means of transport and need to get it sorted ASAP.

Attachments

• 20210710_130145.jpg
    20210710_130145.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 66
That appears to be a vacuum operated actuator but I've no idea what it actuates.
I don't know the 2.4 and yours my have local adataptions, but does your car have a oil/water heat exchanger? These are often a "sandwich" that fits under the oil filter. It is possible you may have damaged it during the filter change. Possibly it was already cracked at a joint and releasing the clamping force of the filter allowed it to open.

Either of these could alow water into the oil and thense to the exhaust via the breather system. Check to see if the car is loosing coolant.
Then again it could be something unrelated to the service.

What does the smoke smell like, oil or coolant?

Robert G8RPI.

The smoke smells like oil....still doesn't make sense that whatever is wrong happened atbthe first start afyer an oil change. There also is no oil cooler

Back