Technical Stilo 2.4 Abarth idling and not revving

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo 2.4 Abarth idling and not revving

AbarthSA

Hi Guys, i meed some urgent help please. I have the 2.4 abarth. About a week ago i saw oil at my exhaust and found out they put the wrong oil in the car. Changed it and while idling sprayed some theottle body cleaner at the inlet while revving ot to clean out as i saw it was dirty. Then afyer that there were massive amounts of white smoke from the exhaust and i assumed it was from the throttle cleaner. The next morning there was some smoke as well but a littlw. After n drive it wemt away and was fine. Car ran smoothly. Yesterday morning wemt to town twice and still fine. The third time i wanted to drive it had which seemed like a misfire. Had it on the diagnostics and bo fault codes. Then left it and ised my other car. Last night it starts but refuses to pick up revs or revs a bit and then just stalls, doesn't even idle or anything. Had it on the doagnostics a few times and still no fault codes. Everything shows clear. I've read that it can be because of a dirty throttle body and i need to remove and clean. Any other suggestions or inputs? Please i really need help with this one...o love this car and am at a loss of words because theres no fault codes as well. Thansk in advance.

I found that the dip stick is not very usefull for checking level.

Are you sure you did not overfill ?

Maybe check the plugs first, easier than the throttle body

The dip stick :D

But only in one parking slot, the car oriented always the same way.

The way the dip stick goes into the pan make it very sensible in the car orientation ..., I found it to be very disturbing ...

So, I've decided to do it only in the same spot and cold engine, it may not be a good idea but that's what I do ...

And of course, I do the oil change on an oil lift (comunotary garrage 17€ 1hour), so then, I'm expecting their lift to have the car perfectly level ..

Thanks guys, yes i've measured the oil. Even drained again and put in less than required, i put in 4.5 litres and it still does the same. Checked the plugs again and seems to be pitch black after the first drive. O have read that it can be caused by the wrong oil filter as well, can this be? Iys just very weird that it only started after the service....which is very puzzling to me. Just don't understand this....its smoking like a locomotive....idling revving is fine now

Last edited:
As this all appears to have started following having the car serviced, or at least the oil changed by a garage or someone else, why not take it back to whoever did it, and find out what else they did to it to make it run so poorly.

Back