Technical Stilo 1.6

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo 1.6

Hi, I was just reading the posts for noisy 1.8 Stilos where the problem was the cam variator. My 1.6 is very noisy on start up and the noise lasts for at least 30 seconds. Last time it was due for a service it was noisy like this: the dealer said it was because it was due for a service. It was quieter after the service but not perfect. This morning it started on 2/3 cylinders for about 30 seconds , is this connected ?
Thanks

There isnt a variator on the 1.6 so no it wont be that and as for the starting on 3 cylinders it COULD be a faulty plug or ignition coil so these would be a good starting point to work from change the plugs and see if the ignition coils are made by Sagem as these are cr@p I would suggest changing them its not cheap but worth while :)

The oil quality and viscosity makes a big difference to how long the clatter lasts at cold start up so, after an oil change, after its been serviced it will usually be noticeably quieter.

relating to the clattering sound , does anyone else get the oil warning pressure "STOP ENGINE" warning from time to time on start up, even though the oil levels are fine and it doesn't do it when running

Back