General Stereo woes

Currently reading:
General Stereo woes

Hey folks lookin for advice.

My 2010/59 plate Abarth has served us well, bar the lack of stereo functionality. I have the interscope upgrade, but no aux in so its cd/radio or usb stick via blue and me.

We have the bosch stereo and Ive read mixed reports about adding an auxin cable to the rear of the stereo. Looks like theres a couple of options available but unsure if this will work or even which cable to order.

Any help appreciated :)

Hey folks lookin for advice.

My 2010/59 plate Abarth has served us well, bar the lack of stereo functionality. I have the interscope upgrade, but no aux in so its cd/radio or usb stick via blue and me.

We have the bosch stereo and Ive read mixed reports about adding an auxin cable to the rear of the stereo. Looks like theres a couple of options available but unsure if this will work or even which cable to order.

Any help appreciated :)
If you already have the blue & me port what’s the point? It would only do what that port already does
I would suggest that the port in the central console will be the only one I could be wrong but from what I’ve seen most ports on those stereos tended to be on the back of pop ones
But again I could be wrong
Is your blue & me all working ok? If so I wouldn’t bother messing about
Personally I ripped mine all out as it’s a bit out of date I added a pioneer touchscreen new speakers and an under seat sub
As you have interscope why not just replace the head unit?

I was under the impression that replacing the stereo would render the interscope sub redunant?

Aux in is for using spotify. Thats the wifes request ???
I can’t see why it would effect the sub as long as you had connection ports on the head unit it’s not that different to the speakers .. the sub has its own power supply

Yeah my new head unit has Spotify but I use car play only real way to be sure is get some stereo removal keys pop out the blank covers on the buttons and pull the unit out
If there is a port on the back… bingo if not … toast

I have the same year Abarth 500 and when I looked on the back of my standard radio, it didn't have the plug for adding an aux cable. I purchased a Blaupunkt radio, adapter cables and fascia panel. You lose blue and me, but I have a modern DAB radio, which I can connect with my phone, make calls with and it works with the Interscope fine.

Back