Technical Stereo related question

Currently reading:
Technical Stereo related question

MickeyBravo

Daily Drive 5dr 1.8 Focus
i dont know if its just my car or a bravo thing lol so thought id share with yous my strange query.

if im sat in my car listening to the stereo (with subs in) for say longer than 10 mins,i find it hard starting the car.It turns over but wont start.. So then i have to leave the car off for a min or 2 then restart it.
Happened to me whilst i was at a mates aswell testing my amp,i felt an idiot as my car didnt start and my car has never failed to start.

i have since installed an inline switch (in the remote wire) so i can switch the amp off and listen to the stereo without problems and still start the car as normal.

Bear in mind i have a Brand new Bosch blue top that is 2 month old.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Mike

You've seen the size of wire used to power the amp and compared it to the wire for the starter cable.

Amps take a huge amount of power. Install a seperate deep cycle battery and split charging system to ensure choonz and starting.

Cheers

D

suppose that would be an option,but then again you can get powercaps.
thought it would be easier just to have the stereo come on even when the ignition is off,that way wont be using alot of power as nothing will be on apart from the stereo.

So anyway,i been out for a good hour and half messing with it all (as wanted 2 locate the inline switch elsewhere)...I ended up finding out that the red and yellow wires coming off the stereo had to be connected together to the Red wire on the autoleads plug.Seen as theyre both bullet connectors i had to bridge a piece of wire round both red+yellow bullets (taped up) in order for the red bullet on the stereo to fit inside the red bullet from the plug...jobs a good 'un...so i thought.
The steering wheel controls then wouldnt work
sad.gif

i tried with the ignition being on for the steering wheel controls,but yet still no luck as the memory wire on the autoleads plug wasnt connected to anything.But what i did notice tho was the red positive wire coming off the control box for the stalk connector was connected inline with the yellow memory wire on the autoleads plug..

So in the end,i thought sod it.Il leave it as it is lol

Mike

A power cap is a capacitor designed to give the amp an extra boost of power for a short period, ie a particularly loud note.

The amp is the thing stealing all the power, so run that from a deep cycle battery with a split charge relay in place.

With ignition off the car battery will be disconnected from the deep cycle battery keeping it safe.

When the engine is running the relay kicks in and connects the two batteries together so that the alternator can charge them both.

Cheers

D

Back