Punto (Mk2/2b) Stereo help newbie needing help

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) Stereo help newbie needing help

Charley1985

I own a punto mk2 2002 plate
I took stereo out today to get new one
Will the stereo pictured fit with the adapter set also pictured?
Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171110-233503.png
    Screenshot_20171110-233503.png
    486.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20171110-233608.jpg
    Screenshot_20171110-233608.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 19
OK so that stereo doesn't actually have an ISO connector, it's literally just a bundle of loose wires, so you'd need to manually wire it into the harness from the fitting kit. If you're not comfortable doing that, I'd look for a different headunit.
Also, for £14 I'd be very concerned about the quality, it'd be as likely to catch fire as anything else!
Finally, whether or not you noticed, it's worth mentioning it doesn't have a CD player.

The solid state ones seem to actually be pretty good. Even the sub-£20 ones. And they tend to be shorter, so easy to get wiring safely behind.
Easiest way to wire up is to get an ISO-to-{anything} harness and cut & join wires to that.
Avoids cutting the car wiring so it's easy to go back.

I don't want a cd one, I need it to have Bluetooth for my phone. Unfortunately I haven't got alot of money to spend on a stereo, £20 tops. Which stereo would fit my mk2 without cutting or messing with wires as I have no clue about those things.

I would look on ebay for a used/decent make of stereo rather than the no-name chinese ones.
How about this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-Car...509949&hash=item33dab0ba1a:g:3h8AAOSwevlaA-A-

It'll have the ISO connector.

I know it has a CD but you don't have to use it!

You may or may not have to mess with the wiring. I've got a MK2b and had to wire in a permanent live from the cigarette lighter. Not sure about the MK2s. Have a look in the guides:

https://www.fiatforum.com/punto-mk2-2b-guides/

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
i brought a pioneer stereo, it has changable red & yellow wires, it has a removable faceplate, i connected up to the fiat wire block & it came on straight away. Here's my issue, it won't turn off, which means even if i take faceplate off it may still drain my battery.how do i get it so it doesn't turn on unless ignition is on as my punto doesn't have acc on ignition.thank you

Back