Technical Steering rack

Currently reading:
Technical Steering rack

tom rumble

my dealer has ordered me a new stearing rack because of the rumbleing noise.
does not know how long for delivery,are the new ones available and does it cure the problem how long did you wait

Re: Stearing rack

tom rumble said:
my dealer has ordered me a new stearing rack because of the rumbleing noise.
does not know how long for delivery,are the new ones available and does it cure the problem how long did you wait

hello, i had this trouble with my old car. (got a new one coming thursday)
but when they were going to order me one....bare in mind this was july they said it would be november-december before they could get one:D

yea i heard that they shut down from aug-sep, so they should be cracking on by now, but i suppose there is quite a big backlog by now

I went to the dealer today for more problems but also the steering rack. They didn't repair the steering rack problem because they needed to order parts(probably a new steering rack).

Anyway, she told me it would take around 3 to 4 days for the parts to arive.

Fiat Netherlands told me BTW that Fiat Italy still don't have a real solution to this steering rack problem. They told me they are still deciding if they are going to replace the whole thing or modify it.

Maybe they ordered a mod-kit for my steering problem? Maybe some duck-tape and rubber bands? :D

lol, im sooooo glad i didnt have mine replaced.... i drove my new one today and it fealt fine....lets just hope it stays that way.
You would have thought they would have found a solution by now, how hard can it be????

rob19791 said:
lol, im sooooo glad i didnt have mine replaced.... i drove my new one today and it fealt fine....lets just hope it stays that way.
You would have thought they would have found a solution by now, how hard can it be????

Like I said. They have a solution but are in dought wether to replace it in whole or modify it. Yours should be fine.

no the steering rack is not actualy made in italy it is made by another company who seem to have flufed up with it fiat have stoped using the racks and are at the moment waiting for production by another firm so it could be a few weeks yet before they turn up in britain
it is perfectly safe to drive just quite anoying

no the rack is not actualy made by fiat or in italy it is made by a german company who seem to have flufed up

fiat have stopped using the racks and are curently waiting for replacements by another firm

it just goes to show how one little fing can ruin a cars reputation

a bit like old tepos half of the door locks were made by one company and half by another

so half of the tepos cept unlocking themselves at random

it was caused by two disimilar metals in the lock forming a battery with road salt and water wich intern was trigering the loock at random all of thoes cars were recaled after my dad diagnosed one of these loocks to be puting out 400 miliamps wilest seperated from the car fiat technical was infrormed and it was at least 2 moths before replacements were available

from what i have heard from fiat technical it may be atleast a moth before racks are available in britain

Last edited:
do you know which racks have been going into cars built in the last month?

Back