General Static

Currently reading:
General Static

Red Bubble

Elaine
Hi folks

Just wondering if anybody else suffers with static from their, 500, I am always getting quite strong shocks from mine. I sometimes have to shut the door on the rubber window trim, just to save my fingers from another shock.

My question is it the car or my highly charged body lol causing it ?

Any ideas :confused:

Hi folks

Just wondering if anybody else suffers with static from their, 500, I am always getting quite strong shocks from mine. I sometimes have to shut the door on the rubber window trim, just to save my fingers from another shock.

My question is it the car or my highly charged body lol causing it ?

I'd say it's you that's getting charged up; you get a jolt when you touch the car & the stored energy suddenly discharges to ground.

Always thought these are just so much snake oil; I'd expect the rubber compound used for the tyres contains enough carbon to discharge the car quite effectively. Certainly the tyres have orders of magnitude more contact with the ground than one of these silly dangly rubber strips.

Synthetic fibre clothing combined with rubber soled shoes are likely to be the cause

:yeahthat:

The perfect combination for getting yourself all charged up.

I got a nasty shock when I rubbed up and down against the seat too much, sitting in the demonstrator in the dealership one time - but the police let me off with a caution in the end....

You were lucky as this sort of misconduct carries a hefty penalty!!! Seen it listed in various Criminal Justice Publications.

Back