starter detailer checking products

Currently reading:
starter detailer checking products

Hi guys just want to check on a few products that i'm contemplating next week.

I have used search function and read up on some dedicated detailing forums but just need some advice on a couple of bits.

The car in question 1998 bravo that been washed regular by me over last year but apart from that a bit neglected. Will be doing it all by hand to start with until funds allow, also products have to be reasonably priced.

Tried to stick to a budget and well recieved products so we have AS tardis and fallout as they do what they're supposed to at the right price.
BH auto wash and medium clay bar.....can get bundle for good price and well recieved.
Will need a degree of paint correction so maybe Megs Ultimate compound on orange then white pad with BH auto balm over the top(2 layers) to help with swirls etc. Did look at finis wax from BH but too pricey at this moment in time.
Don't know why but don't want to go the AG srp route just don't want to....shrug.

Then this is where i get a bit confused.....as not many products go over the top of auto balm so i presume it would just be a QD or glaze? Any ones that you guys can recommend?

Not too sure on the AS range of products.....do they do anything to rival UC and autobalm?

Once i've done some scratch repairs and such like will expand my products to include more specific polishes and waxes and hopefully a Da.

Cheers for your help...(y)

You put glaze on before wax or sealants which is what Autobalm is.

Personally however I would just grab a sealant such as a spray sealant and some IPA. Cheaper, faster and lasts longer.

I would not bother with a QD personally unless you can water it down to such a degree it offers no additional protection as in my view it defeats the object of putting a sealant or wax on after all you wanted that to protect the car not another product? Short term save your money, but this is purely my view on QD's.

Megs only suggest using orange pads for all products if using by hand.....?

Do i stick with these or are there any alternatives that I would be better using for different products?
Medium and fine cut with uc or is it all down to hand pressure?

Back