Technical Start stop system unavailable

Currently reading:
Technical Start stop system unavailable

Puntosc10

Hi Fiatians,

My 2010 Punto Evo 1.4 8V which was running fine till but about 1 week the triangle warning turned on mentioning start stop not available. Anyway I am not a fan of that so I ignored. But then I found the stop lights not working which was alarming. The battery seems ok and bulbs are also fine. Then I assumed the brake switch should be the culprit and I replaced it, this solved the issue, both stop lights were working and the warning also disappeared. But again I am getting the start stop warning again but this time the stop lights are working fine. Once I switch off the car and restarts the warning goes and throws back after some miles. What could be the chances?? Thanks in advance.

Hi Fiatians,

My 2010 Punto Evo 1.4 8V which was running fine till but about 1 week the triangle warning turned on mentioning start stop not available. Anyway I am not a fan of that so I ignored. But then I found the stop lights not working which was alarming. The battery seems ok and bulbs are also fine. Then I assumed the brake switch should be the culprit and I replaced it, this solved the issue, both stop lights were working and the warning also disappeared. But again I am getting the start stop warning again but this time the stop lights are working fine. Once I switch off the car and restarts the warning goes and throws back after some miles. What could be the chances?? Thanks in advance.
I don't have any specific knowledge re this but several Forum Members have some related to earthing etc. and some to do with poor or unsuitable "stop start " batteries with similar issues, so may be worth a browse.:)

Think your brake light switch fault is a red herring…
Stop start issues are usually a battery that’s failing (enough to use normally but not enough ‘energy’ to operate stop start) but can present on short journeys where battery not getting enough recharge
Inappropriate battery, specific batteries needed for stop/start
Failing alternator/slack belt
Bad earths to main ground, battery/body to engine
Occasionally gearbox sensors or lever position sensor (on autoboxes 500X/Renegade)

Back