General Squeaky Drivers seat. Please help me!

Currently reading:
General Squeaky Drivers seat. Please help me!

So I have a second hand car that is 6 or 7 years old. Inevitably there are irritations that need sorting. My next one is a right nuisance. I have a squeaky drivers sear. ARGHHH :bang:

Anyone got this/ dealt with this. My first thought would be to remove the seat and upholstery the best I can and spray some non silicone lube such as GT 85/ WD40 into all the springs and moving mechanisms, (height adjuster, lumbar support etc). But then I thought about that lovely odour you get from such sprays and getting it into fabric and padding could leave my car smelling like a mechanics tool box. Is there anything else anybody could recommend?

The squeak mainly comes from the left side of the seat and squeaks especially loud when using the clutch. Obviously the change in weight on the seat causes it. I also think that it seems to affect the hinge that allows the back of the seats angle to move back and forth. Again this is on the left side. Any experience would be lovely. (y)

mine was same, but the problem is not the springs but elevator gears.. wd-40 or similar lubricants did not work so I've used extreme-pressure grade lithium grease... for two years, I did not hear anything...

So I have a second hand car that is 6 or 7 years old. Inevitably there are irritations that need sorting. My next one is a right nuisance. I have a squeaky drivers sear. ARGHHH :bang:

Anyone got this/ dealt with this. My first thought would be to remove the seat and upholstery the best I can and spray some non silicone lube such as GT 85/ WD40 into all the springs and moving mechanisms, (height adjuster, lumbar support etc). But then I thought about that lovely odour you get from such sprays and getting it into fabric and padding could leave my car smelling like a mechanics tool box. Is there anything else anybody could recommend?

The squeak mainly comes from the left side of the seat and squeaks especially loud when using the clutch. Obviously the change in weight on the seat causes it. I also think that it seems to affect the hinge that allows the back of the seats angle to move back and forth. Again this is on the left side. Any experience would be lovely. (y)

I assume it also makes a sound if you lean forward in your seat?I have the same sound in mine usually when its cold (like most noises really). I kept searching and found out its coming from the seat belt insert. When it pivots to the front and to the back it causes that sound. Try lubing the mechanism holding it.

I assume it also makes a sound if you lean forward in your seat?I have the same sound in mine usually when its cold (like most noises really). I kept searching and found out its coming from the seat belt insert. When it pivots to the front and to the back it causes that sound. Try lubing the mechanism holding it.

Yes, yes it does. Well that could solve a lot of hassle for me if it is that. I can lube that up whilst it's still in the car. I'll give that a try. (y)

Back