Technical Squeaking / Creaking clutch

Currently reading:
Technical Squeaking / Creaking clutch

boolio10

Just bought a 57 plate Bravo Active Sport last weekend, just passed my test last year so no Tjet for me :(

Noticed over the past week of driving that the clutch pedal is squeaking / creaking when being pressed and being brought back up. It's going back to the garage for this and other warranty work however this isn't till next month.

Does anyone know how I can fix the squeak? I've had a look around the pedals and greased up what I can see. Has only slightly helped.

Thanks in advance.

Turn the radio up. The noise does go away, had the same in mine, never got round to doing anything about it.

If you're putting it in for fixing, don't fix it yourself, otherwise, how can they diagnose the fault? The only problem is, depending on what year of warranty the car is in, you may have to pay for the fix.

Thanks for the reply ascott.

I've decided just to turn the radio up and make do for a month. The creak was gone on my morning drive to work, but came back again on the way home.

It's a 57 plate, so out of manufacturers warranty but the garage I got it from gave a free 3 month warranty so they should (fingers crossed) sort it out.

Thanks for the reply ascott.

I've decided just to turn the radio up and make do for a month. The creak was gone on my morning drive to work, but came back again on the way home.

It's a 57 plate, so out of manufacturers warranty but the garage I got it from gave a free 3 month warranty so they should (fingers crossed) sort it out.

Yeah, it is nothing to worry about, just annoying sounding like you are treding on a mouse every time you change gear. Try aiming the heater it your feet too, cold weather seems to make mines occasionally reappear, so i am thinking that hot air may help it a little

mine has that many creaks clunks and squeaks now it winds me up when the radio is off :D

Back