Technical Speedometer upgrade

Currently reading:
Technical Speedometer upgrade

uros9564

Hello everyone,

I decided to upgrade speedometer on my Grande punto 06. I uploaded a picture of the one i decided to buy. When i replaced it with my old one, everything was working perfectly fine, except the actual speedometer needle, which wont budge. The first speedometer was 21/06/2009(same problem), then i decided to get an older one 07/11/2008(same thing again).
So basically, everything else is working perfectly, but the needle, do any of you guys know why is it happening ? :bang:

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 43
Are you sure the car is reading the speed correctly. If you have a diagnostic tool I'd start by seeing if the car can work out its speed. If it couldn't should be an ABS Light. But I'd start here.

If I remember well, the speed is read at the differential in the gearbox, the signal is processed in the ECU and then sent to the dash's speedo-needle and the ABS unit, where it is compared to the signals coming from the wheels sensors to detect any unwanted slip in order to activate the ABS system.

Might be the link between ECU and dash that's deffective since 3 different parts show the same fault...

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

Back