speed camera detectors

Currently reading:
speed camera detectors

i want to get a speed camera detector but there are loads out there, anyone recomend one that works well? and a link to a good online shop site?

Do they pick up hand held speed guns or only fixed...
any info would be great..

oohh they must work in europe as i live in Norway..

I've got one of these:

pogoalert_hand.jpg

It's a Pogo Alert (http://www.pogo-gps.co.uk/)

Nice and discreet, had a Road Angel before and the Pogo is so much easier to use. Not exactly cheap mind, paid £200 for it. You can pick up used Road Angels on Ebay for about £50 these days.

there's no point paying for a seperare device, just load a camera database in to your sat nav.

if you dont have sat nav, WTF is wrong with you?

there's no point paying for a seperare device, just load a camera database in to your sat nav.

if you dont have sat nav, WTF is wrong with you?

i have a great sat nav, a packet tablet hp, but it doesent pick up hand helds, only saved stationary ones, the road i travell home is notoreus for the hiding behind a tree police, with a handheld, only problem is they change place everyday, so i need to know when they are about...

i have a great sat nav, a packet tablet hp, but it doesent pick up hand helds, only saved stationary ones, the road i travell home is notoreus for the hiding behind a tree police, with a handheld, only problem is they change place everyday, so i need to know when they are about...

oh i see, in that case a camera database that includes the handheld locations wouldnt help because it would be warning you all the way down that road (mine does that on some roads, very annoying)

the detectors dont work very well, by the time it warns you its already too late. best thing to do is obey the limit on that road.

oh i see, in that case a camera database that includes the handheld locations wouldnt help because it would be warning you all the way down that road (mine does that on some roads, very annoying)

the detectors dont work very well, by the time it warns you its already too late. best thing to do is obey the limit on that road.

thats easier said than done, the road that is in my pictures (drive home thread) are at 80km thats 50moh !!!!!!!! and they are empty country roads, you try keeping under 50, they will fine 4000nok thats 391pounds for doing 100 in a 80 !!!!!!!! thats only about 12mph over the limit, it is crazy...

i work for www.novusgps.com we plot possible mobile camera sites on our database, to be honest if you looking for something to pick up mobile guns your looking at laser/radar detection which is in the process of being made illegal, and the detectors that use it arent actually that affective as generally by the time you get a warning its too late unless you pick up on scatter from someone who's been tageted in front of you

i work for www.novusgps.com we plot possible mobile camera sites on our database, to be honest if you looking for something to pick up mobile guns your looking at laser/radar detection which is in the process of being made illegal, and the detectors that use it arent actually that affective as generally by the time you get a warning its too late unless you pick up on scatter from someone who's been tageted in front of you

so these almost illegal lazer detectors, would they work anywhere in europe? and could you recomend the best of them (even if the best is not great)
you say they are NOT legal yet.....then i need one on the quick double :devil::devil:

the 'best' will be over £500, good ones go for £250. its cheaper to get caught. you can get some that do the job for £50. snooper and cheetah are the most popular brands.

Last edited:
so these almost illegal lazer detectors, would they work anywhere in europe? and could you recomend the best of them (even if the best is not great)
you say they are NOT legal yet.....then i need one on the quick double :devil::devil:

I dont know how the legality issue affect you where you are, laser stuff might be perfectly legal for you, they could also be totally illegal already? I only know its a pending thing for the UK

Or just look out for the big yellow box thing :p

You don't need sat navs waste money i drive all over place never gotten lost if you do just ask policemen or taxi driver.

xxxx
xxx
xx
x

I dont know how the legality issue affect you where you are, laser stuff might be perfectly legal for you, they could also be totally illegal already? I only know its a pending thing for the UK

could you recamend a certian make, model...or company that supplies them?

P.s. nice clear easy to use website you have there..

thats easier said than done, the road that is in my pictures (drive home thread) are at 80km thats 50moh !!!!!!!! and they are empty country roads, you try keeping under 50, they will fine 4000nok thats 391pounds for doing 100 in a 80 !!!!!!!! thats only about 12mph over the limit, it is crazy...

If I stood to pay 391 quid for being caught, I would sure as hell just stick to the limit or find an alternative route home! :ROFLMAO:

Chris

If I stood to pay 391 quid for being caught, I would sure as hell just stick to the limit or find an alternative route home! :ROFLMAO:

Chris

no other route home, besides i love the drive there, you think 391 is hi then think again, if you get cought on a motorway doing above 116km on a 90km road you are looking at over 1200pounds and a ban !!!!! thats only around 20mph above the limit...

Speed Cheetah GPSmirror. Its a GPS locator, but can be brought with a detector, and wirelessly interfaced, so detector can be hidden for when they become illegal! Great units and theirs one in the classifieds(y)

I got one and can't fault it. Looks like a normaly mirror aswell so it dosen't get stolen.

www.speedcheetah.com/gpsmirror

Jon.

no other route home, besides i love the drive there, you think 391 is hi then think again, if you get cought on a motorway doing above 116km on a 90km road you are looking at over 1200pounds and a ban !!!!! thats only around 20mph above the limit...

OMG. I though my £60 and 3 points for 7MPH over the limit was outragious:eek:

Speed Cheetah GPSmirror. Its a GPS locator, but can be brought with a detector, and wirelessly interfaced, so detector can be hidden for when they become illegal! Great units and theirs one in the classifieds(y)

I got one and can't fault it. Looks like a normaly mirror aswell so it dosen't get stolen.

www.speedcheetah.com/gpsmirror

Jon.

does it pick up hand held guns?

does it pick up hand held guns?

Not on it's own. Look at the speedcheetah website and there are the detectors on there which can be hidden under the bonnet and wrielessly interfaced with this unit! Then if speed camera detectors because illegal, but locators stay legal, you won't be done because all they'll see is the locator and not the hidden detector linked to it.

Hope that makes sence:)

Back