Speed Camera Detectors (not GPS locators)

Currently reading:
Speed Camera Detectors (not GPS locators)

bloody hell Jon you have gone a little OTT with the Fiberglass on the stilo though

f_117_nighthawk_1.jpg

take it you got a letter through recently :bang:

Cheapest way - subtle control of the right foot combined with awareness of speed changes (I know it involves constantly monitoring the road ahead but hey...):D

Thinking about it, with speed cameras, aren't the lasers targetted at the ground so as you move forward, the beam travels up the car? By the time the beam hits the detector, the speed camera has already recorded your details?
And with handheld, the beam is directed... where?

(never been had so know nothing about the intricacies of speeding)

Last edited:

The above is how I understood speed camera detectors. Those that detect radar or lasers are 'intercepting Police transmissions', which I seem to recall is illegal and covered by law. Once of the legal eagles on here should be able to confirm this (or tell me if I got it wrong!)

GPS detectors are legal as they only tell you the location of a speed camera, not whether it is working or not. I also agree with Sludgeguts - control of your right foot and keeping your eyes open is the cheapest camera evading system of all ;)

The above is how I understood speed camera detectors. Those that detect radar or lasers are 'intercepting Police transmissions', which I seem to recall is illegal and covered by law. Once of the legal eagles on here should be able to confirm this (or tell me if I got it wrong!)

that was the case a few years ago the police used the Wireless and Telegraphy act 1949

in a nut shell the part they used was along the lines of "a person should only listen to a transmission that is meant for them"

so plod took this to mean that you was listening to their broadcasts (signal from speed gun)

however it was argued in court (which set a precedent) that the fact you have receiving apparatus which only emits an audio tone/flashing light on detecting the "broadcast" is not listening to the transmission, as it was only displaying that signal was in the locality

IMMSMC from one of the police programs on TV a while ago

bloody hell Jon you have gone a little OTT with the Fiberglass on the stilo though

View attachment 66091

take it you got a letter through recently :bang:

:p Well we'll find out about a letter a week tomorrow as that will be more than 14days from Sat before last. Nothing so far.
Would a laser pen activate this type of detector ?

Dunno.

Oh, and ta for all the usual support of 'oh, need to watch your right foot'. I hadn't even said I'd been cought!

And being tailgated during an 'safe and legal' overtake manover by some prick in a Scoby isn't a funny matter, you don't get to worry about if your still in the speedlimit, more a 'am I about to die' until the gits camera detector went off for the van at the end of the straight! Funny enough my GPS unit didn't as it wasn't a fixed location.

*rant over*

I don't think they feel a need to ban them, as they don't work. Apart from the "garage door openers". which they did.

What makes you say they don't work :rolleyes:

I know the one I've just brought does ;)

Didn't think the Stilo went fast enough :nerner: :p

:p It go plenty fast enough ta, just a bit quicker than the Panda's :)

Back