spark plugs

Currently reading:
spark plugs

A

Andy1.6hlx

gonna get a new set of ngk plugs as recommended on here... at risk of sounding like a complete amature, how easy are they to fit? and are they the four main plugs on the top of the block with the leads running off them?

sorry lads, im 18 and willing to learn, guess you gotta start somewhere :) aha

the spark plugs are inside the engine block.You have the black plugs with the leads coming off.take the black plugs off,they should just pop off. and then you will see the spark plugs inside their holes.to remove them a spark plug tool would be handy if you have 1,if not a long socket that fits would do the job :) When refitting new ones,try not to over tighten them.

cheers boss :)

and my auxiliary belt that runs the alternator belt is slipping atm, needs tightening, i have managed to tighten the alternator belt no problem... but i can't seem to find how to tighten the auxiliary belt, runs off the side of the the three wheels in a triangle shape?

does it run off the tensioner (wheel) that is on a bracket (half moon type?) cant put my head together on it :s
you would need to undo the bolt holding that on and then tension it up on the bracket tight which pulls the belt tight..if your with me?
i think thats the rigth one.

cheers mate, i'll have a proper look at the weekend when i'll have some light to play with aha

you dont want it too tight,a few mm play is said to be right.too tight and the belt could snap ;)

yeah man, problem is atm it has a good 15mm play in it! and it squeals like a bitch if you put any power down :(

Don't mix the leads up when you change your plugs do them 1 at a time

turns out the belts were fitted wrong in the first place which is the reason they were squealing :mad:

im not even sure, a garage had a look at them for me, they put the car up on the ramp and the auxillary belt fell off when he moved it a bit... :S