Technical Spark Plugs

Currently reading:
Technical Spark Plugs

I'm currently running some Denso Iridium plugs in my car, but I've been hearing great things about NGK Iridium race plugs (part # is: BKR6EIX).

The Punto HGT guys seem to think these are the plugs to have, but my Densos are pretty fresh. Does anyone think it's worth the upgrade (it's only about £20) - or did the HGT guys simply benefit from a fresh set of plugs, regardless of the quality?

Tony

edit: link added http://www.puntopower.com/tuning_hgt.html#spark_plugs

Last edited:
Hiya, I used to run the ngk irriduim plugs on my B, she always ran well and smooth. She has been moddified with an exhaust system, induction and more fueling and remmaped to 153BHP. I then switched to the denso's iridium and she seems to run just the same. :)

The denso's have a 0.4 mm electrode over the 0.6mm of the NGK,
apparently the smaller the better/faster the spark, I dont think that the B, unless seriously moddified and using high octane fuels makes to much difference when changing the sparks.

I choose to use the Denso's but equally the NGK are just as good or the same.
If yr running the Denso's now, id leave them until yr next service.

I use the NGK iridium plugs and always fill up with 99 octane fuel. This website backs up what KC3 has said and goes further practically saying the Denso ones are better.

A question I'd like to know the answer to is how often should you change the spark plugs in a Barchetta?

My B gets an Oil and Filter change at every 2500miles, I,ll also check the sparks and there gaps, so far so good, she runs well and no fouling at the sparks.

Usually anually is the time for service and plug change, but regular checks dont hurt and will keep yr B running well and sweet.

There are some new design pulse plugs, apparently can give 50,000watts power over the 5,000 something of regular or iridium plugs.

Claims have been made to add additional 10bhp to some cars just by changing to these plugs.

My B gets an Oil and Filter change at every 2500miles, I,ll also check the sparks and there gaps, so far so good, she runs well and no fouling at the sparks.

Usually anually is the time for service and plug change, but regular checks dont hurt and will keep yr B running well and sweet.

There are some new design pulse plugs, apparently can give 50,000watts power over the 5,000 something of regular or iridium plugs.

Claims have been made to add additional 10bhp to some cars just by changing to these plugs.

I've done quite a large amount of reading on those high wattage plugs. What happens is they 'charge', and thus introduce a slight delay to the ignition - messing with the timing. Not really recommenced.

Not really looked into them myself , came up somewhere when searching for parts, Guess everything has its place and correct use. Good for some and Bad for others.

Motorsport Technology is changing rapidly these day's. and sure we'l see improovement upgrades developing all the time.

Not really looked into them myself , came up somewhere when searching for parts, Guess everything has its place and correct use. Good for some and Bad for others.

Motorsport Technology is changing rapidly these day's. and sure we'l see improovement upgrades developing all the time.

Definitely... I believe they are quite good for Turbo cars, although I didn't look into why that was the case.

Back