somethin to do with the injection system

Currently reading:
somethin to do with the injection system

chrisweiner

I hate to put such a downer on my first visit but i need somebodies help!! i'm a bit helpless at matters under the bonnet. anyway here goes.......

i bought a fiat 75sx (p reg) 2 weeks ago, literally the day it got m.o.t'd, thought this was a good sign.drove home lovely. day or 2 later was cruising around and injection system light came on.went out after 30 seconds or so.looked in manual said ignore it unless it comes on permanently. now light is beginnin to come on more often, and sometimes went the light goes out it rev's up to 3000 rpm (really embarassing wen ur sitting next to a porshe at the traffic lights.) Should i take to the garage, is it a serious problem as i seem to have a bit of a cash flow problem at the moment?:confused:

welcome!

Sounds sensor related to me, especially revving to 3000 rpm at lights

maybe a diagnostic check is in order, may reveal the problem. Is about 40 quid from any garage with the equipment obviously.

The punto boys (and men) will give you a deffo answer though :)

Dont despair, im sure it can be sorted out :)

AppleSei said:
welcome!

Sounds sensor related to me, especially revving to 3000 rpm at lights

maybe a diagnostic check is in order, may reveal the problem. Is about 40 quid from any garage with the equipment obviously.

The punto boys (and men) will give you a deffo answer though :)

Dont despair, im sure it can be sorted out :)

Yes as apple said dont despair :cry: :D it can be fixed lots of ppl have had problems with ign warning lights and its not just fiat owners either (y) dont know about the men bit though cos Dave is still young at heart although hes still not Fuzzy :D :D :D

ok that doesnt sound too bad.
the car only seems to do it when it's cold, but it doesnt just do it at traffic lights, i can sometimes feel it tryin to pull away in a low gear.Wierd!!!
anyway will def get it checked out, thanks for your help applesei.x:)

Back