Technical Solution much needed, loud banging noise...

Currently reading:
Technical Solution much needed, loud banging noise...

SilentPartner

I'll try to be as accurate in my description as I can. Starting about 2 days ago (when I got 2 new front tyres fitted) there was a slight knocking/banging noise from the front right of the car. Since then it's got alot louder, and where before it was only occasional it's now there most of the time. I can seem to feel it throught my feet, which is quite disturbing. The noise only happens when moving, and disappears when I brake/accelerate and I believe also when I turn the wheels. It doesn't seem to be engine speed related, and doesn't change whether the car is in gear or not, or whether the clutch is in or out. So, it's general speed related, but doesn't ever seem to get exceptionally fast, its almost a constant speed. I'm stuck. Please help, any response would be much appreciated. JB. :confused:

Im getting the same kind of issue where any change in the accelerator will make the clonking noise worse. Its there most of the time. I think it might be a CV joint. Im going to take it to my mechanic tomorow.

Theres a post in the technical section that i posted with a more detailed description. Think its called 'Suspension Problem'. Ill update you when i get any info.

Thanks :) I have to say though, through past experience I doubt it's the CV joint. I had one go on an Uno once, and it's usually only noticeable with the steering on full lock, and quiet in relation to my current dilemma. Unless I caught it earlier that time (I've bought a Sub since :rolleyes: ) Still, I'm very interested in anything that might help. Cheers.

Since it appeared after you had your wheels changed, I'd tend to think something got wrong there.

Take the wheels off and look around for loose brake pads (spring gone), loose (worn off) wishbone bushes, loose stab links etc.

If your new tires are lower profile than winter ones the suspension reveals all defects.

Back