General Solid Indicator Lights on Bravo 1.6 HLX

Currently reading:
General Solid Indicator Lights on Bravo 1.6 HLX

Londo

Hi all.

Hoping you can help me out here. I've got a T reg Fiat Bravo HLX100. On the weekend the alternator packed up on me. While driving on the motorway i might add to my complete frustration.

Anyway this has now been replaced however i'm having problems with the indicator lights. Since the fault with the alternator the left and right indicator lights come on, however they are lit solid and do not flash on and off as normal?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance ... Londo

what about the relay could it have jamed in the open percision i had this on a seat ibiza changed it and it was fine

yep its the indicator relay, which is on the under side of the steering column if i remember correctly.

Jug. Would this relay also handle the dashboard 'Seatbelt' light. As i've just noticed that apart from the indicator lights being solid when switched left or right, the seatbelt light is now permanently on even when the drivers belt is clipped in?

Thanks.

seatbelt light? Could it be the Airbag light?

Nope. It's definately the seat belt light. I've checked all the fuses again and these seem fine. As Jug's say's it may be a relay. However i don't know which one it is?

Under the steering column where the fuses are there is a 'Brown' relay with the following code:

B047
12v 20/10A

I've tried removing this relay and switching on the indicators, but they are still solid. So i'm not sure if this is the one?

Next i removed the glove box compartment and found two more relay's here. One red and the other black. These had the following codes on them:

( Red one )
B047
12v 30A

( Black one )
B047
12v 20A

As you can imagine i'm now getting well frustrated (n). I tried also removing the above two relay's, but again still solid indicator lights when removed or re-plugged back in.

Help.... I'm sure it's not something major and i really don't want to take it to a garage as they'll charge a bomb on labor costs.

Back