General software update

Currently reading:
General software update

andy thrill

my dealer has updated the software on my 1.6 dinamic stilo and reckons it will make it drive better and give me better mpg ,anyone know if this is true or just the old fob off:I

BS i'd think. [V] Still if it is possible i'd like to see a similar update for the 1.2, i'd like to see an average 60mpg! [:eek:)]

2003 3 Door Stilo 1.2 Active, Sassy Grey, 5 disc CD Changer, Abarth boot badge, plastic wheel trims - and 42.4mpg average so far. Love it, Oh yes!

StiloBoy since the consumption is only thing you care according to the previous 331 post :) why dont you buy an electrical car or walk to work :D it would be 0mpg!

FIAT STILO 1.6 3dR Tiziano Red
Sub=Pioneer TS WX20LPA
AUTOMOBILE SK

Its funny you should mention that! ;) I did do some research into an electric car, not buying one, they are guff and cost too much! I was contemplating an electric mini.... and i might still do it one day when i get my big garage built! :I

I drive 25 miles to work, so i'd need a car that could do say 75 miles a day just to keep me within a decent range! Should be possible with the new types of automotive batteries around (i mean the ones for leccy cars). I'd be happy with a top speed of 60mph if it cost me zero... [8)]

2003 3 Door Stilo 1.2 Active, Sassy Grey, 5 disc CD Changer, Abarth boot badge, plastic wheel trims - and 42.4mpg average so far. Love it, Oh yes!

I dunno Andy, but one thing to note is on the modern computer driven cars the engine software is all powerfull and "can" be fine tuned to give better fuel consumption, maybe Fiat have revised the mapping to give a better fuel/air ratio to the injectors.

This amongst 2 other questions were ones I was going to ask the head tech at my local dealers today, I was talking to him until the sales rep I deal with came along and I lost my train of thought, mainly because of his comment "Why get it fixed, just buy a new one" my answer "come up with a good price to match JamJar and I will sign the dotted line today!"..... well I may know tomorrow if they will match JamJar or come close.

But back on track I will if I remember as them tomorrow about NEW software.

Buy new and then what! Get crap service once you've signed the dotted line and then the cycle repeats! [:eek:)]

thanks for your reply freelancer,it would be appreciated if others could reply in a similar manner and not go of on some sarcastic joke between themselves,thanks again freelancer hope you get a good deal.
has anybody else got any sensible views on the new software,i saw my worst average mpg today at 23.8 mind you ive only done a couple of small trips 1mile hear and there and my wife uses it to work 2miles there and back,the fuel consumption on these 1.6 engines seems to be extremely high it makes me wonder wether ive picked a naff car,mind you i still love it to bits,twin camms what do you think dude

The only thing I can add is that when I had my Saxo VTS loading the latest software made no appreciable difference to the way the car drove at all. The only difference was that it seemed a bit smoother on tickover.

1.8 5 Door in Sassi Grey
Comfort Pack 1

If I drive the Stilo it will do roughly what the book says, if my mother drives it it does around 32mpg, maybe 35mpg [:0]
I dont know what she's doing, but it was the same with the rover 414 as well.

This software update does sound interesting anyway. Wondering if its something thats done during service time.

Scorg

Stilo Dynamic 1.6
Sky Blue

Originally posted by StiloBoy
Buy new and then what! Get crap service once you've signed the dotted line and then the cycle repeats! [:eek:)]

Well they did nearly match JamJar on a Abarth ( Manual ) with my extras added on plus a low 6.2% finance deal, I will be saving £3000 on new, so not bad I guess! :D

plus I've never got crap service, yes my car an early Stilo has faults but they have always taken it in and looked at it no questions asked, I guess good service come from how you speak to people!

back to the question Andy, the guy I needed to speak too was off today... but I will be back their soon so I will ask the question, I guess small journeys are not the best measure of fuel comsumption, I get 29.2 on city and 37ish ( not been on a long journey of late so 37 is a guesstimation ) on long hauls and mines a 1.8... it is however better on fuel than my Bravo HLX ever was.

I never believe what the computer says when it comes to average consumption - I'm sure it needs to take some remedial maths lessons!

I'm not sure what the reound town figures are really like as I only live a couple of miles from work so the car has never really warmed up before I park it up again.

On a run I seem to get around 38-40 mpg which is round about what the book says however I have a fairly heavy right foot and spend most of the motorway time between 80 and 90.

From personal experience, I've not found a petrol engined car that's got decent 'round town' mpg unless it's smaller than a 1.6

1.6 Active 5 door in Crystal Green.

http://www.clubstilo.com

I'm currently trying to get a problem I have sorted where my car keeps reporting fuel sensor faults on startup see here https://www.fiatforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7816.

I was at the dealer (for the 3rd time) yesterday and was told there is no fault with the car when I demanded to see the foreman and showed him pictures of the fault code on start up taken with my camera phone (it's a bloody disgrace the lengths you need to go to to get things done). Anyway he eventually agreed that despite the fact that the examiner is not picking up fault code there must be a problem. He mentioned that he's just received a software update in the last few days that he will install it onto the body computer to see if this solves it. So this update must exist but I'm not sure what it does.

Stop press - just got a call from Arnold Clark on my fault as I'm typing!. They said that they were going to order and fit a new instrument panel - they said that they don't know what the fault is but they are going to fit a new instrument pannel to see if that cures it!?! - Go figure. I can't say I've got much confidence in these guys!

cmc

1.6 Dynmamic 5 door.

cmc, which arnold clark is that at?
Ive been dealing with the Kirkcaldy branch in fife, who alhough can be a bit stupid at times to get the job done

Scorg

Stilo Dynamic 1.6
Sky Blue

Scorg

It's Arnold Clark in Alison Street Glasgow. Hardly an inexperienced dealer, they've had a franchise for at least 10 years I know of. I think it's just a case of if there is no answer stairing them in the face and there is a bit of work to be done they can't be bothered, really disappointing actually. I had to demand to see the foreman or they were just going to hand my keys back and send me on my way.[V]

cmc

1.6 Dynmamic 5 door.

Back