Tuning So today was dyno day...........

Currently reading:
Tuning So today was dyno day...........

I took the Fiat for a dyno today, just to ensure it was and set-up properly and running as it should.

The results were quite surprising!!

I will let the graph do the talking :D

Attachments

• Dyno Fiat 500.jpg
    Dyno Fiat 500.jpg
    422.8 KB · Views: 209
I took the Fiat for a dyno today, just to ensure it was and set-up properly and running as it should.

The results were quite surprising!!

I will let the graph do the talking :D
More than double a standard 500, so it’s a great result

More than double a standard 500, so it’s a great result
VERY surprised at those results----if the engine is only 700cc that is over 100bhp per litre at the flywheel! And for the engine to stay together at those revs also surprises me. Somebody has obviously spent a LOT of money on your engine! It seems that I will have real problems keeping up with you

VERY surprised at those results----if the engine is only 700cc that is over 100bhp per litre at the flywheel! And for the engine to stay together at those revs also surprises me. Somebody has obviously spent a LOT of money on your engine! It seems that I will have real problems keeping up with you
I was very surprised myself and nearly fell over when I saw the figures! I have no idea what has been done to the engine, info was limited to none when I bought it as the owner had passed away and his wife sold it out if his collection. I wasn't even aware of the oil cooler or Panda head when I bought it.

Chris from Wirral Remaps who dyno'd the car has a very good reputation and came recommended from local classic car owners, I asked about the accuracy of his dyno as I do know from riding tuned 2stroke scooters figures can vary from dyno to dyno, but he assured me that it is regularly calibrated.

I was very surprised myself and nearly fell over when I saw the figures! I have no idea what has been done to the engine, info was limited to none when I bought it as the owner had passed away and his wife sold it out if his collection. I wasn't even aware of the oil cooler or Panda head when I bought it.

Chris from Wirral Remaps who dyno'd the car has a very good reputation and came recommended from local classic car owners, I asked about the accuracy of his dyno as I do know from riding tuned 2stroke scooters figures can vary from dyno to dyno, but he assured me that it is regularly calibrated.
Looks like I will have to go to "Wirral Remaps" when I have my '695SS' engine in the car---might even be tempted to take it over to them with the current engine.

How well does this engine handle a hot day? Do you have the engine cover propped open? Does it run an oil cooler? Many questions...

I'm thinking something along the lines of a tuned 650 with ~35hp will do me for a semi daily driver, but now you have me all "whaaaat?". I might be able to keep up with the Cooper S's in my MIni club!!

How well does this engine handle a hot day? Do you have the engine cover propped open? Does it run an oil cooler? Many questions...

I'm thinking something along the lines of a tuned 650 with ~35hp will do me for a semi daily driver, but now you have me all "whaaaat?". I might be able to keep up with the Cooper S's in my MIni club!!
Can’t really comment on a hot day as I’ve only had the car since December. I bought it from Southern Italy so I would assume it’s quite capable on a hot day. It does have an oil cooler and 4.5ltr sump👍🏻. The engine lid was closed as normal when I bought it, but I have now propped it open as I prefer the look.

Attachments

• A1EC44D0-4805-4790-89A6-F64FDA4FF0C5.jpeg
    A1EC44D0-4805-4790-89A6-F64FDA4FF0C5.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 76
Very impressive numbers.

One of these days if you take the sump off, take a photo looking up the bottom of the engine, would be interesting to see what has been done (con-rods, crank combo, any piston oil squirters?). Also. curious what cylnders the engine has. From the distributor side, can you see the cylinder jugs. are they cast or aluminum. Im trying to guess if by chance the engine has the athena aluminum cylinder kit on it. I purchased the 82mm kit, and it will find its way into an engine eventually. They do promise pretty substantial numbers with the kit.

Thanks Ian, I'm running a Dellorto DLHA 40, no idea on the choke size sorry.
I've got a new 700cc motor that came with a genuine Dellorto DHLA 40 H. Runs pretty good but the jets that are in there currently are of unknown size (possibly drilled but not sure). Do you know what size jets you're running? I'd like to find some good quality jets but I'm not really sure what ballpark to be in with the idle and main jets. I'm running a pierberg electric fuel pump with a malpassi fuel pressure regulator set to just under 3psi and the float levels are good. Any advice you can lend would be appreciated along with any good suppliers of parts and jets. I'm an amateur but have dabbled in carbs for some time (mostly with the weber 28).

I've got a new 700cc motor that came with a genuine Dellorto DHLA 40 H. Runs pretty good but the jets that are in there currently are of unknown size (possibly drilled but not sure). Do you know what size jets you're running? I'd like to find some good quality jets but I'm not really sure what ballpark to be in with the idle and main jets. I'm running a pierberg electric fuel pump with a malpassi fuel pressure regulator set to just under 3psi and the float levels are good. Any advice you can lend would be appreciated along with any good suppliers of parts and jets. I'm an amateur but have dabbled in carbs for some time (mostly with the weber 28).
Did you buy your engine from "Mr Fiat" (in Atlanta)? If you did, there is fair chance that not only are the jets "all to pot", but that your venturi size is too big (and I AM speaking from experience). The biggest choke that you want on those carbs is 29, although a 27mm choke would probobly give you better running. As for the jets, you might have to ask Ian (bleeding knuckles) to help you out there.

Back