So fed up lately and no interest in anything

Currently reading:
So fed up lately and no interest in anything

Well good to see things picking up Jamie and what chance would you think of a job in a horse sales place coming up. See you have to be out there to be seen, its who you know or meet more often than not. Hiding in doors analysing things gets you nowhere. Sounds like a loss of confidence for you though Sam? When did it start?

Well good to see things picking up Jamie and what chance would you think of a job in a horse sales place coming up. See you have to be out there to be seen, its who you know or meet more often than not. Hiding in doors analysing things gets you nowhere. Sounds like a loss of confidence for you though Sam? When did it start?

I think the chances of getting a job in Tattersalls ( horse sales ) is quite good actually, I've worked in a very well respected horse yard before, so good that the Irish Army recruits people from the yard for the equitation army.
I've sent on my cv this morning and got an email back saying it will be given directly to the hiring manager, so fingers crossed (y)
Not a full time job though, id only be needed for big sales (y)

Also, my dad gave me good news last night, He was talking to his boss and managed to get me a week or two work cleaning out grain storage sheds and washing tractors and trucks and some tractor driving work too, all at full pay from 6:30am to 6pm (y) starting monday :D

Things can only keep getting better (y)

It's not easy Jamie. But you're not on your own. You may have "Low Mood" which some Doctors refer to instead of depression as it doesn't carry any kind of stigma with it, and to be fair, is not as bad as the real thing. Everything that's been posted in reply is bang on from what I can see.

There are studies that confirm that exercise is a very good antidote to depression but I think it's got to be exercise you enjoy. Running would just drive me into a terminal decline but cycling is something I really do like.

Good luck with your fight back and, as I think you can tell, you won't get the p**s taken out of you on here.

Don't forget your mates though. They were your mates before you started feeling crap and they'll probably still be your mates afterwards.

a) Get some Scooby Snacks.
b) Collect your welfare money. Buy a budget ticket to e.g. Bangladesh. Heck, you do not even have to leave your cultural milieu - Belorussia, Ukraine or Moldova will serve just right. Double heck - try to get some cardboard boxes from your local Lidl/whatever, stuff them with old newspapers and try to survive a single night on the street.
c) Switch off the PC, grab a planer and try to smooth a knotty pine.
d) Buy bargain Stilo and catch all electric gremlins.
e) Read all Umberto Eco books you never heard of before.
f) Spring is on its way and everything will look greener in April.

Last edited:
Back