General So 11 models reduced to 8... New Models

Currently reading:
General So 11 models reduced to 8... New Models

I wonder how the 105 bhp version of the TA will fit into this revised model mix..........

Interesting (as he starches his chin)

By the time the 500 Coupe Zagato arrives in our showrooms it will be 2012 with the US getting the lions share so the there will be another shake up with the arrival of the 1.4 MAs, etc.
Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne told Spanish Autoblog that the 500 Zagato Coupe was under consideration to be manufactured in Mexico as well as in small numbers in Europe
It has been 'rumoured as a logical extension of the 500 family' and it has also been 'designated with a 'limited edition tag' alongside Gucci'. I had good look for Lapo Elkann but he's no where to be seen :). This was the only picture that I could get that did the 17inch wheels any justice.

Attachments

• 500-zagato-live11-opt.jpg
    500-zagato-live11-opt.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 38
This was the only picture that I could get that did the 17inch wheels any justice.

You cant have legs in front of wheels all the time to do justice :)

just read its 103bhp and 95g/km, that's pretty good. btw I am getting hooked to 500 Abarths and we havn't even had our TA delivered yet, I need to work away from home to justify buying one (y)

You cant have legs in front of wheels all the time to do justice :)

just read its 103bhp and 95g/km, that's pretty good. btw I am getting hooked to 500 Abarths and we havn't even had our TA delivered yet, I need to work away from home to justify buying one (y)

You can park a 500 more or less anywhere. But a A500 - that's a different story particularily with the 'strips' on.

It isn't.

I disagree. Autocar is, at the very least, the best of a bad bunch. some of the writing and thought processes is/are excellent. Not many better journalists than Steve Cropley. Not many funnier than Colin Goodwin (although he is feelance these days). And both very pleasant people to talk to.

I disagree. Autocar is, at the very least, the best of a bad bunch. some of the writing and thought processes is/are excellent. Not many better journalists than Steve Cropley. Not many funnier than Colin Goodwin (although he is feelance these days). And both very pleasant people to talk to.

Yep I tend to agree, Autocar is in my opinion the best car magazine on the shelf, and certainly the best web site. I dont mind EVO but the rest are pretty poor I reckon.

I tend to buy Autocar and Top gear but only if there is something 'that catches my eye'. I like the back section with all the statistics and the one liners but you cann't take them too seriously. The one at the moment on the 500 is "Will probably look better with the missus driving it, but still, there's not much cooler on the road at the moment. Retro can be awful but here it's all good especially in Abarth form".

Just spoke to the salesman at my local fiat and he said still no news when you will be able to order anything other than a TA lounge. Even worse news is that special paint jobs like ragamuffin red use a special mineral(?) that is in very short supply because of the Japanese earthquake and this will also cause delays to any orders:cry:

Just spoke to the salesman at my local fiat and he said still no news when you will be able to order anything other than a TA lounge. Even worse news is that special paint jobs like ragamuffin red use a special mineral(?) that is in very short supply because of the Japanese earthquake and this will also cause delays to any orders:cry:

What colour were you looking to go for ?
I remember you liked the white ambiance and you were into the interscope upgrade.

No I was going to order a TA sport in that lovely pale blue with black leather seats and the interscope. I do like the ivory although I think I would get it too dirty:D

No I was going to order a TA sport in that lovely pale blue with black leather seats and the interscope. I do like the ivory although I think I would get it too dirty:D

You're better off hanging on then. (y) I wanted the black ambiance and the leather on my first 500 but was content to take the white ambiance and the standard fabric on the 2nd. The white ambiance does take more looking after and so does the lounge chequered seats. I reckon the sport model with the TA engine is a sound choice given the new batch of drivers where the TA engine is a key factor.

Not sure if this has been posted yet:

In Italy, the new 500 TwinAir is now available in sedan and cabriolet versions. The name "TwinAir" will no longer refer solely to the revolutionary twin-cylinder turbo engine, but rather to a full product line with a dedicated version set apart by its unique, distinctive content, capable of fully expressing its "fun-to-drive" nature.

The new 500 TwinAir line represents a response to the extraordinary appreciation for this extraordinary engine shown by the international press and general public since its introduction.

Drawing on the aesthetic features that distinguished the 1970's Fiat racing models, the new 500 TwinAir offers unique, distinctive finishing touches: standard "total-black" alloy rims, polished chrome door handles, license frames and trim, a sport kit (chrome spoilers and exhaust) and the innovative "piano-black" roof as an optional feature.

The 500 TwinAir's strong personality is also reflected in its new interiors, where the total-black ambience brings out the look of the glossy dashboard and the racing seats upholstered in perforated leather and technical fabric.

(y)

I know Mrs TwinAir wouldn't have been interested in these new options and they're not really my cup of tea.

I'm quite happy that our TA looks like any other 500.

Not sure if this has been posted yet:

In Italy, the new 500 TwinAir is now available in sedan and cabriolet versions. The name "TwinAir" will no longer refer solely to the revolutionary twin-cylinder turbo engine, but rather to a full product line with a dedicated version set apart by its unique, distinctive content, capable of fully expressing its "fun-to-drive" nature.

The new 500 TwinAir line represents a response to the extraordinary appreciation for this extraordinary engine shown by the international press and general public since its introduction.

Drawing on the aesthetic features that distinguished the 1970's Fiat racing models, the new 500 TwinAir offers unique, distinctive finishing touches: standard "total-black" alloy rims, polished chrome door handles, license frames and trim, a sport kit (chrome spoilers and exhaust) and the innovative "piano-black" roof as an optional feature.

The 500 TwinAir's strong personality is also reflected in its new interiors, where the total-black ambience brings out the look of the glossy dashboard and the racing seats upholstered in perforated leather and technical fabric.

(y)

Be interesting to see what this 500 looks like with the above.:rolleyes:

Back