General Smoking Exhaust

Currently reading:
General Smoking Exhaust

Jo51

Not sure what happened really, topped up oil and water (had warning oil was low) went off to petrol station fine, filled up with correct petrol and went off, about a mile down the road there was whitish/blue smoke billowing out the back of the exhaust while the car itself seemed to lose power on/off and jump along. Turned off ignition sat for a min, tried again, same thing happed - was on way to pick daughter up from camp so had no choice but to drive it steady and get there (7 mile) further along it started to ease off smoking and ran better. Picked daughter up and did the same 7 mile back home with no problem!! Is there something I need to check or could it just be a big blip of some sort, thanks in advance.

if you have run it so low on oil that the light has come on, you could well have damaged the engine. How much oil did you have to put in and are you sure you did not overfill it.

What engine is it and how many miles?

Last edited:
Not many replies to this one! nothing to do with me being a fecking muppet and putting too much oil in:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Not many replies to this one! nothing to do with me being a fecking muppet and putting too much oil in:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Its very easy to do... I have to assume that the symptoms have now subsided and that would indicate burn off.

yep car running fine now, plus had some drained off just to make sure. Swapped tyres round today front to rear etc and found two nails - i think its gonna be one of those weeks.

Back