smart fortwo

Currently reading:
smart fortwo

we are still looking at smart cars, the do seem a great option as a second car, all her work stuff would fit in it but I was thinking along the lines of a panda or 5dr swift as I was looking to keep it until the death (10 or so years, our 306 is 12) and in this time things, like kids, might appear in our lives and that's where the smart falls down in our plans, which as a reason sounds daft as kids are the last thing we are planning. I would still have the bravo for a few more years and tend to have bigger cars anyway for myself. just really stuck. I think I was hoping someone would say the smart was cack, a pain in the bum and not a good option!!!
anyhow, she's fallen in love with them although she hasn't driven it yet and has never driven auto, and not driven a smart (she forgot her driving licence so dealer wouldn't let her drive)

The swift is very big inside for the length of it but the boot space is rubbish, so no big prams, (at last check all you can fit is a quinny zapp) The latest ones are even worse. However the cars themselves are very good, I was really intending to keep mine for 2 years and chop it in but 5 years down the line its running better than when it was new and costing less to keep on the road (go figure) so its very hard to justify getting rid of it. 1.5s are not the most economical, and the tax is high but otherwise not spent anything except regular maintance for 3 years.

how about

1280px-Semi_Citroën_2CV.jpg

How about a Smart ForFour if you want 2 extra seats :confused: :p
*3 extra seats. My Mum has a ForFour, it seats five so the name is a bit misleading. It's quite a nice car to drive actually (although the blasted auto box is awful unless you're driving it hard so opt for manual if possible). The suspension is quite hard but it makes for quite a sporty car. It pulls very well and is quicker than my GP by miles flat out. (1.4 8v GP - 1.3 16v Smart) As for fuel savings cheapness it does a very respectable 48mpg around town on my Mums light footed commute to work.

Last edited:
Back