Small sensor behind inlet manifold

Currently reading:
Small sensor behind inlet manifold

A

Ash

Ive just brought a bravo got it home and has started to rev to around 2000rpm on idle, atm im cleaning the throttle body etc, and noticed a small sensor behind the inlet manifold its just hanging there does it plug into anything? Its a small plastic sensor around 1 inch long and can be unclipped to halve it and there is a yellow nipple there, the sensor it self has to writing "amp" on it, any help thanks

Engine??????????

sven3.jpg

Members Site ---------My Site

sorry its a 1.2 trofeo, car is reving to about 2500rpm when start up and jumps down to around 1500-2000 then starts to get better when it gets warmer

No thats not it, its on the other side of the inlet, It comes from the engine control unit

My Lord Sven, do you have that diag for the 155 HGT chap? That's superb and handy to know where things are.
Is it from the Babar Malik stuff? 

ozric.jpg

"Doctor said to give up Keee-Babs. I said 'No, no-no'"
cheers.gif

My Members Page
OI! Road safety nutters!! George Orwell ment '1984' to be a warning, NOT a template!

@Ash - can you take a pic of the part, its easier to find what it is then

@Oz - here you go mate and yes, some its from the maliks manuals, I did find a better copy and some is from marea manuals+ a few other manuals for the bravo/marea

MK1
hgtmk1.jpg

MK2
hgtmk2.jpg

sven3.jpg

Dont think its meant to be any where found a little clip it sits on, plus the sensor has a cap over it. Cars doing my nut in lol Starts up and just revs to 2500 and drops to 1500-2000 repeateadly, cleaned the ICV and still doing it, the ivc is opening the throttle body slightly and closing a little just like the revs?

In general it works that way, but using the signals that the ecu sends after measuring the engine coolant temperature.
So it can also be due to the coolant temp sensor/ bad connection to it. Also do you have any lights on the dash ?

What the sensor goes that you found, does it by any chance look like this but with the cap on ?
clip.jpg

sven3.jpg

No lights on dash expect the common air bag one, The sensor i found was about a inch long and only a few cm thick

Take off the cap - if the connector under it is yellow and looks like on the pic and in the cap there are no pins, its not a sensor its a diagnostic jack/ clip.

sven3.jpg

Yh sound like a diagnostic thing then, any idea about my revs going nuts?

Like I wrote above - if the ICV is OK it can be due to the temp sensor giving false readout, if the revs go to normal when the engine is wormed up, the I would change it - its only around 5 pounds and located on the thermostat body.

sven3.jpg

Follow the big pipe from the radiator to the engine on the right side, the part that ends on the engine is the thermostat body, on it you will see a screw head with a plug on top, that is the temp sensor. Unplug the connector, unscrew the sensor out, screw a new one in, top up coolant if needed (before or after turning on the engine).

sven3.jpg