Technical Slight juddering at low speed and now intermittent check engine light

Currently reading:
Technical Slight juddering at low speed and now intermittent check engine light

stephen2929

Car started to judder slightly at low speed recently and the IC (instantanious consumption mpg) is way down in low speed manovring much of the time eg <20 when should be >30).
Car fine at normal and high speeds but again often the IC mpg shows noticably lower than expected.
ALso now started to get intermittent check engine light (will try to get any code read this week). The juddering and low mpg suggest incorrect mixture (rich) / sensor issue

Anyone any thoughts
Still usable but just feels 'off'

yellow 'engine shaped' light is Injection System Fault
(1.4 multiair)
so that is consistent with the symptoms

I was hoping a blast down the motorway would 'clean it out', and did for a while (but the instantanous mpg was down on what it should be some of the time). And on getting close to home the yellow engine shaped light came on permantly
But car still running fine apart from the low speed slight judder and the suspected lower mpg

Last edited:
might be worth considering buying a cheap scanner. The first couple of faults and it’s paid for itself

The C reader 30001

Is known to work on Fiat cars

You can go cheaper but that’s about as cheap as you can go with data logging around £20

might help to know which engine we are talking about

Its my daugters car and so she took it to her local mechanic as that was more convient for her
sorted now
"misfire cylinder 2 & 4"
replaced spark plugs
(plus service - oil, oil and air filters)

Just for info, including £69 labour, total £162

My diag reader arrives tomorrow

Back