Technical Sliding door problem

Currently reading:
Technical Sliding door problem

jon7184

Hi I hope someone can help. I've read as many posts as I can find on door problems but can not find anything like mine.

All the doors work on my Ulysse 2.0JTD 54 plate except the passenger sliding door which appears to be entirely dead. Central locking locks all the other doors but leaves this one open. I've looked in the manual but can figure out if there is a fuse for this door.

Has anyone esle had this problem and more importantly does anyone know of a solution?.

Thanks

Jon

This is the second time it has happened to my Fiat Ulysee. First time Fiat took around 2 weeks and charged me over £800, the door was still never brilliant. Now it has happened again. First it is jammed and I have had to kick force it fully open, but now it is detached at the bottom. I am really pissed with Fiat and suspect another huge bill is coming my way if me and my mate can't fix it.

Hi I hope someone can help. I've read as many posts as I can find on door problems but can not find anything like mine.

All the doors work on my Ulysse 2.0JTD 54 plate except the passenger sliding door which appears to be entirely dead. Central locking locks all the other doors but leaves this one open. I've looked in the manual but can figure out if there is a fuse for this door.

Has anyone esle had this problem and more importantly does anyone know of a solution?.

Thanks

Jon

You will probably find it is the rear door control module which is located behind he interior trim panel at the rear of the car on the drivers side (RHD). If you remove the panel, you will find the box below the motor unit.

This box controls both rear doors but fortunately its electronics are split, so if you get a problem with one side, it won't stop the other working.

On the circuit board are two relays (per door) and these have a tendancy to fail.

Back