Technical Skyroof jammed...... oh well

Currently reading:
Technical Skyroof jammed...... oh well

Well my skyroof has been fine since i got my car, then saturday after a 300 mile drive teh sun was shining, i opend it 1 click to let some air in then another click and it was fine, got to my friends house, when to shut it wound in then just as the front glass flap start to close it clicked and then opened wide up, so i tried it again, it got half way then opened up again, the bind was still moving back and forwards, to the open part, so i got out tried it again, and the front flap seemed to start then as it went to the next flap the passenger side seemed stuck, and it would open again, then with some pressure on the left it would almost close and then open again...... so there was nothing for it, i had to wind it close with the supplied allen key, it did feel quite hard to wind in, but i had no choice it was starting to rain, so with that the blind would still only close to the part where the roof originally stopped, and then just stopped working so i think the fuse may of blown..... so do you think it is kaput, or do you think i may be able to fix it, i have some tfr grease that i am goining to put in the runners and open and close it with eth allen key and see if that fixes it or should i start looking for a new roof, its so annoying, only just got it through the mot and was gonna start to have a play like a new exhuast system and some lowering springs but now i think i need to sort this i hate having things that dont work on cars lol

thanks in advance

cheers

robin

i grease everything very regular, could be blown fuse, or motor.

well i will open it using the allen key handle thing and clean and regrease it all, and then change the 3 fuses that are for teh blind, the roof and teh control unit and then start teh car and do a re-set and see if that works, it almost closed then clicked and re-opend then would would only close by one slat, so i think is worth giving it a clean and a re grease and see if it works it it does reult if it doesn't i think i will cry lol, fuse seems ok, as if you turn the nob it clicks but will change them anyway as i have loads of fuses

Back