Technical Sky Window help

Currently reading:
Technical Sky Window help

Ned Flanders

Hi guys,

For some reason my Sky Window in my 1.6 Stilo stopped working about a month ago. I did use the search option but couldn't find anything really specific to my problem.

The car is now just over 7 and the Sky Window stopped working once previously but this was repaired by Fiat under warranty. They told me they replaced the control box or something.

I checked fuses 45 and 46 and they are both fine. Neither the cover or the window opens at all. It's completely dead. I also tried to reset it. To reset it, is it just a matter of holding the closed button in for up to 10 seconds while the ignition is on or have I missed something?

I would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction. Thank you!:)

Hi guys,

For some reason my Sky Window in my 1.6 Stilo stopped working about a month ago. I did use the search option but couldn't find anything really specific to my problem.

The car is now just over 7 and the Sky Window stopped working once previously but this was repaired by Fiat under warranty. They told me they replaced the control box or something.

I checked fuses 45 and 46 and they are both fine. Neither the cover or the window opens at all. It's completely dead. I also tried to reset it. To reset it, is it just a matter of holding the closed button in for up to 10 seconds while the ignition is on or have I missed something?

I would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction. Thank you!:)

Try here... Serched by keywords "Sky roof"
https://www.fiatforum.com/stilo/216778-skyroof-stuck-open-please-help.html

Thanks but this is a different issue. Mine isn't stuck open and I can't hear anything when I press the buttons. :(

Thanks. I have now checked F49 and the fuse appears to be ok. Is it worth changing them anyway? I am pretty sure this I something to do with the control panel/box as it happened once before and the symptoms were exactly the same. Is this easy to replace? Will it cost much? Thanks all!

No point in replacing a fuse if there's nothing wrong with it.

If the switch panel has been replaced before, it could be that one or more of the connectors has come loose. The connectors have very secure locking clips, whoever fitted the previous panel may have destroyed them getting them out. Take the panel down to check.

A new switch panel costs between £170 and £475 depending on whether you have Connect Nav+ and/or a factory fitted alarm.

Thanks for this Davren! Let's hope it is this panel then. I take it I just need to unclip the panel where the sky window buttons are and it's under there somewhere? What does it look like? I don't have a Connect Nav+ system. Also, to reset it do I just hold in the close button for 10 seconds? Thanks!

The complete switch panel just pulls down with all the switches. Hold both sides of it and pull it straight down. Below is a picture of my switch panel with CN+ and alarm. There's an emergency roof closing key clipped inside the panel.

To reset it, you need the ignition on and the switch in the closed position. Then push and hold the center knob in for 10 seconds.

EDIT: Just checked, the handbook recommends doing the reset with the engine running.

If you haven't got one, there's a handbook in the forum downloads section here:

https://www.fiatforum.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=5

Attachments

• Roof Console-With SkyRoof.jpg
    Roof Console-With SkyRoof.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
When i had mine off i did a test with a multimeter to see if there was power getting to the motor since my rear motor didn't want to go. If you can do this it would help diagnose your problem. I have a spare motor if you need. You may just need some switch cleaner on the connectors (there are two for the control box).
Also good luck i was so glad to get mine working, just persevere and you'll get there!

It's working! It turns out I was doing the reset incorrectly. I didn't realise that I had to hold down the center button. I thought it was the close button! It is now working perfectly and I'm well pleased :slayer:

Thanks to everyone, especially Davren! Your instructions worked great!

the hatch no longer works, I tried the reset procedure but after the curtain closes completely a grinding sound is heard.
what is problem?

Last edited:
the problem is with the rear engine, from the curtain. I opened it and it doesn't have any broken teeth, it probably skates on that spring. What to do?

Thanks for your reply Davren!

LE: I don't understand exactly the initiation procedure, if I block it manually so that it doesn't skate, does it end procedure?

I face the same problem as in this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLl7k3fRVlM

Last edited:
The sound in the video is due to the motor skating on the spring that closes the curtain, we are talking about the rear engine.I blocked it with my hand so that it could no longer skate and so it can complete its initialization
the curtain doesn't work perfectly but it works

Back