sisters sprayed interior bits- unfinished

Currently reading:
sisters sprayed interior bits- unfinished

custard boy said:
aaron i remeber reading years ago off a theft claim that wasnt paid out due to go faster stripes.

I've got to disagree from my own experience not reading anything, i got full payout on my R5GTT when it had MOMO wheel, KONIS, Mongoose exhaust, strut brace bar, polybushes, silicone hoses, Kent cam, TSW alloy wheels, insurance inspector said nothing, all he was interested in was the damage to the car, and i got to keep car for nothing after wards as if you are not at fault the other insurance company can't take it away, so they said. I even used the mods to get another £700 out them for my claim, they didn't bat an eyelid.

I also last year got full claim on my Cinq turbo, which i hadn't got round to declaring the wheels, exhaust, the recaros, amongst other stuff, insurance inspector said I should get everything off and sell it to make myself some extra money, as long as theres a rolling shell and any engine/gearbox crushed and log book stamped that was all they cared about that it was not on the road.

It's amazing how far good manners, a cupa and biscuit go.

I could go on about my mates cars as well, even the ones which "disappeared" in mysterious circumstances best not spoken about on here, and never once has anyone had any trouble whatsoever in getting there money

As i said before declare the stuff and get an agreed value as if you don't they will still give you book value for the car irrespective if you have declared stuff.

And yes it can take weeks for them to come round, it was 3 weeks for me last time.
Aaron.

Last edited:
uno_94 said:
well i have heard that it takes several days for the person who checks to come round? this true?

Assessor took about 2 weeks to come when my dad's car got written off. Plenty of time to swap thngs out ;)

JonnyBoy said:
Assessor took about 2 weeks to come when my dad's car got written off. Plenty of time to swap thngs out ;)
well thing is, all parts i spray or mod or replace i always have the old ones, i have got a spare airbox, i have the spare gear gaitor, i have spare of all the sprayed interior parts etc etc

shes really at fault not declaring her sporting alloys :shakehead , so im not going to bother to declare her gt wheels once fitted if she hasnt her sporting ones.

JonnyBoy said:
Not if you're in hospital.
H

Back