Technical Sillyspeed failure warning :S

Currently reading:
Technical Sillyspeed failure warning :S

adzAbarth89

hey guys, was driving home last night from the missus' and had halfway down the A1 was greeted with "Gearbox Failure: return slowly to dealer"

nothing wrong with the car or the gearbox to my notice, at all, it drives the same, no problems going into reverse neutral or 1-5, its got me very puzzled as i pulled into the layby, turned off the engine and restarted it and no warning lights at all ( except for the ongoing parking sensor failure fml!)

was fine for a good few hours until i went to meet a few friends yesterday evening and it popped up again, only for this phantom message to dissapear once more! :s its got me extremely beaten, ive had a quick google just now and seen a couple of abarth owners having phantom messages like this but its annoying :/

the gearbox pump is priming when i open the door and its driving fine, any ideas guys?

Adam (2003 sellesped Abarth)

Poor connection into one of the plugs. It if was something serious, the error message would have stayed on. Even then I wouldn't have ruled out a poor connection.

Because the gearbox is a mechanical digital wonder, you should take is somewhere to spray all the contacts clean and put back.

I wouldn't know exactly what you should spray, maybe somebody else does.

Cheers.

Back