Styling Sideskirts Powder coating Tints Advice please

Currently reading:
Styling Sideskirts Powder coating Tints Advice please

moschino02

im looking to puchase a standard set of side skirts for the 3 door Stilo (feel free to recommend)- called around for quotes ready for spraying and fitted i was quoted from a number of companies ranging from £100 to £160?? is this about right? would you recommened to get them moulded to the body which is slight more expensive or is spray and fitting enough?

Not sure whether to buy a new set of 17in black alloy wheels ranging from £300 to £400 pounds or another option was to powder coat

again called arund for quotes some companies only powder coat and charge £25 per wheel

but need to get them bead/sand blasted for another £10- to £25 per wheel?? your opinions

finally looking for tints, i noticed you can buy pre cut tints ? how much would it cost to fit or shall i purchase and install from same company

any advice is welcome

i wouldn't fit the tints yourself. better to get it properly done. For the wheels have a look at the Kei's that are for sale in the classified section on here.

finally looking for tints, i noticed you can buy pre cut tints ? how much would it cost to fit or shall i purchase and install from same company
[/QUOTE]

Tinting is a fine art, and really needs to be done by a pro!! as it involes loads of work or your endup with bubbles.

but can be done with.
  • water/baby bubble bath mix
  • taulk powder (bad spelling sorry)
  • heat gun
  • very shap knife
  • plastic spreader (one like the one in a body filler tub)
  • and then a good techneque.

Tints are a pro job for sure. I paid 160 for all my windows and a tint strip but going rate is about 200 for that with lifetime guarantee.

Go to bodyshops for powder coating. I had my 18s which were quite badly scuffed, restored and powdercoated for £200 which seems to be the going rate.

Leicster seem to do good sideskifrts. they dont come blended as standard and they look ok. Personally i think they would look ace blended in and i actually did a photoshop of what mine would look like if they were smoothed. Ill dig it out when i get to a comp.
The only other thing i can think of is if you do have them blended, dont skimp on it. Have it doned by a pro that can show you previous work. i hate body kits that you can see in the texture are 90% filler.

Side windows are easy enough to tint yourself (without bubbles), but not the rear (boot) window, as it curves both ways - and you have the heating threads.

thanks for your advice..

i would not dare to attempt and fit the tints in myself - i was justsaying i noticed you can buy them pre cut £40 -£60 and get them fitted by professionally would that be cheaper option?

so side skirts blending in to body would be expensive option or would the spray and fitted option look ok?

Back