General Sideskirts - gap?

Currently reading:
General Sideskirts - gap?

creep

T-jet powah =)
I have a "sport" model and the factory fitted sideskirts seem to have quite a gap on each end (at the wheel arches). The sideskirts look like they are around 5-6mm too long in total.

Can anyone please check their sideskirts if it's the same, before I go and start complaining to my dealership? :confused:

Attachments

• DSC00412.jpg
    DSC00412.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 118
Ok, glad to hear that it's not just mine. But it seems strange, to be honest. My previous car (Ibiza) had factory fitted sideskirts and there were no gaps.

It's an Italian thing, I guess. :D

Ok, glad to hear that it's not just mine. But it seems strange, to be honest. My previous car (Ibiza) had factory fitted sideskirts and there were no gaps.

It's an Italian thing, I guess. :D

It's an Italian thing. I had mine glued but the gap is still there ;)

Well it looks like a terrible body shop job :) Here's how mine ends.

Attachments

• DSC00419.jpg
    DSC00419.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC00421.jpg
    DSC00421.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 36
i dont have a gap :confused:

Neither do mine, a nice flush finish on both sides... Very impressed with the external build quality.

It's inside mines been thrown together...Not impressed with the squeaks and rattles, especially in this cold weather. Strangely enough once the cabin's warm most of the squeaks disappear.. I bet it would be silent if I lived in Tgypt! :)

When I got my GPS Multijet home I noticed the nearside skirt had several clips missing /damaged. Result was the skirt had a gap you could put your fingers in. Further investigation under the car spotted that a jack or lifting device had been placed under the plastic sideskirt (could quite clearly see the imprint on the plastic) causing it to distort and pop out the clips. Sodding Arnold Clark, I could write a sodding book. Soon sorted myself using new clips bought from a more local dealer.This is my second GPS and they both have sideskirts that I personally do not think are a good fit. You just get used to them, think it just a Fiat thing in terms of build quality. A few years ago I was about to buy a Stilo with factory fitted sideskirts. Saw one in Fiat showroom, however, sideskirts looked like they were stuck on with sticky tape. When I pointed it out to the salesman he said they all came like that, and he would get the workshop to put some 'glue' on them. I did not proceed with the order. Pity as Stilo was a smart looking motor.

Seems like they're flush on some and too long (badly fitted?) on others. I'll go to my dealership and ask them if they can fix it while it's under warranty.

Neither do mine, a nice flush finish on both sides... Very impressed with the external build quality.

It's inside mines been thrown together...Not impressed with the squeaks and rattles, especially in this cold weather. Strangely enough once the cabin's warm most of the squeaks disappear.. I bet it would be silent if I lived in Tgypt! :)

i have same sqeaks and rattles when cold :(

got my side skirts now any way gonna fit them this weekend :D

Back