General Shock absorber advice wanted + pic of my Bravo

Currently reading:
General Shock absorber advice wanted + pic of my Bravo

TommoW

Noticed the rear passanger suspension is suqeeking when I go overa bump, or rockthe car, I think it's the shock absorbers (although I stand to be corrected) as far as I know the whole suspension is standard, but I wouldn't mind a new set of shock absorbers at both sides, wanted to ask on here which are the best to use, but are cheap-ish. Would want gas absorbers too.

Here's my Bravo in the snow, makes for a nice shot I think, battling its way up the hill, I had to get out for a pic.

17366_245012215285_571080285_3821328_5539363_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: New shock absorbers wanted + pic of my Bravo

Just herd they were really good mate. Needless to say this squeeking has got me tearing my dash apart lol, especially living in Sheffield, cobble streets would be like driving on silk, compared to the roads around here!

Gas dampers are a bit of a misnomer.

All dampers use oil, the ones marketed as 'gas' use an inert gas instead of air in the gap where the oil isn't.

The only benefit that the gas gives is at high operating temperatures the gas won't mix with the oil so you get damping for longer.

Unless you are regularly 'leaning' on your dampers for extended periods, gas dampers are not neccessary.

Cheers

SPD

It's gunna have to go on hold for now anyroad. Hit some black ice tonight, shredded one tyre, bent the steelie abit, front and rear passanger side. Freezin me tits off, on a frozen over road changing the wheel lol. Need to see if I've bent anything more than the steelie, needless to say it's gunna cost me to get this problem fixed. Thanks for the advice rally mate.

Back