Technical Servicing and Mileage 2018 Panda 4x4

Currently reading:
Technical Servicing and Mileage 2018 Panda 4x4

Motorcyclist Colin

Established member
My Panda , in the last couple of years or so is only doing about 1400 miles per year, and thus only about1400 mile or less, between recom,m,ended service time intervals and, of course , MOTs
Any thoughts on whether to service the car at these intervals and if so exactly what to do. For example oil looks as clean as when it came out of the can, and not a drop has been used. Do you think an oil change is still necessary/optional/not needed. When finally used everything works as it should. I park it on level ground with the handbrake off and do regularly check tyres and have a generallook round it. Battery is "smart" charged from time to time.
Thoughts?

Fiat say do a service but dont touch the oil if its under 6000 miles since the last service. I had done 5400, but looking at the oil decided to bin it as it looked a bit dark and stale. I saw Shel Helix 8 OIl 0w30 on ebay for £32 for 5 litres and going to stock up. 5w40 for the 1.2 was £28 for 5 liters.

I would condiser having a check done for Insurance purposes but otherwise I am sure 2 years would be just fine.

At such low mileage it all the other issues, rather than just the oil. Obviously depends where stored, but discs going to be an issue, tyres having ovality/flat spots, stale fuel, bacteria growth in fluids causing corrosion or blocking filters. Your are looking at a methods that would be used to preserve vintage/classic vehicles to prevent perishing and internal condensation damage etc. They would typical drain all fluids, remove wheels and vacuum seal the entire vehicle, for longer term/larger time-span between limited use. So your servicing schedule going to be custom. I have run vehicles down to 3-4K a year and they take more detailed thought and actual maintenance that doing 12-15K, particularity as they age.

Back