General Service kit

Currently reading:
General Service kit

CraigUK74

Got this service kit today ready for the mechanic to do this weekend, anything I'm missing or you would recommend? Maybe fuel filter? 1.4 16v lounge.

Thanks all for looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got this service kit today ready for the mechanic to do this weekend, anything I'm missing or you would recommend? Maybe fuel filter? 1.4 16v lounge.

Thanks all for looking.

Send the K&N filter back and get a standard disposable one. Apart from the highly polarised opinions about power gains, they are not good for modern engines with mass airflow sensors. The oil from the filter can contaminate the electronic sensor element and cause various issues.

Robert G8RPI.

Last edited:
Oh no, glad you mentioned that I will send it back tomorrow, thanks for the information [emoji106] are you Admin or a Mod could you drop me a DM please.

Regards.
Send the K&N filter back and get a standard disposable one. Apart from the highly polarised opinions about power gains, they are not good for modern engines with mass airflow sensors. The oil from the filter can contaminate the electronic sensor element and cause various issues.

Robert G8RPI.

Thanks John, I will pick a set up. Can't thank you and everyone else enough for all your help and advice [emoji106]

Top forum, top people, have a great evening, thank you.

Thanks John, I will pick a set up. Can't thank you and everyone else enough for all your help and advice [emoji106]

Top forum, top people, have a great evening, thank you.

Remember to double check the spec, I used the Denso plug finder so "should" be correct?
As you're new, have you had issues with the rear hatch, all of us with older cars know this problem well, new badges front and rear can be picked up for £25 a pair as they can look poor after some time?

Last edited:
That's brilliant info John, no problems with the rear hatch so far, my biggest headache so far is related to my other post Split Breather Hose can't find one anywhere and Fiat quoted me £45 for a tiny bit of pipe bent 90 degrees [emoji3064]

Rear badge is a bit faded so will replace that in the near future.

Great advice, appreciate it [emoji106]

Back