Service done by Fiat to get warranty cover?

Currently reading:
Service done by Fiat to get warranty cover?

henryrym

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I bought a demo Fiat Qubo last year from our local Fiat garage. Time's now coming up for its 1st year service. What's my exact position with regards to the 2 years remaining of the 3 year warranty if the service is done by my excellent local garage. Fiat are miles away and don't have a great reputation, so would prefer them not to service it.

Incidentally, I've been inundated with phone calls from Fiat service wanting me to book it in - suppose it shows that they are desperate for the business! Is this standard Fiat business practice, as it seems to be verging on harassment.

I've been inundated with phone calls from Fiat service wanting me to book it in - suppose it shows that they are desperate for the business! Is this standard Fiat business practice, as it seems to be verging on harassment.

This is standard for any business these days, once they have your phone number they can and often will keep calling you up to get you to part with your money.

it does have it's advantages at times, my garage phoned me the other day to tell me my MOT was due would i like to book it in....... "yes that would be loverly thanks" was my answer ;)

Incidentally, I've been inundated with phone calls from Fiat service wanting me to book it in - suppose it shows that they are desperate for the business! Is this standard Fiat business practice, as it seems to be verging on harassment.

This is normal practice by dealership chains of any make and not Fiat (or anyone else) related, bit like those bank, double glazing calls you get every evening as you sit down to your dinner:mad:

I would not give out my email or home phone but use a mobile number from a rarely used sim card in a old phone lying in the kitchen drawer with flat battery;)

As for warranty, it does matter in a possible goodwill claim, what might save you £50-75 over 2 services might cost you alot more in the future. Your car, your money your choice(y)

EDIT, lol you beat me to it Andy.

Back