Off Topic Selling dilemma

Currently reading:
Off Topic Selling dilemma

DarrenCage

Hey guys,

I'm trying to sell my Punto quickly as I'm looking for a more family friendly alternative, I have a 2 year old and another one on the way...

I've got my car advertised on here, gumtree and had 1 failed listing on eBay, just relisted this morning - I had 3 watchers but nobody seems interested...

It's the orange 130bhp diesel version, only done 68,000 miles and had it listed at £1,800 (garage round the corner from me has the 1.4 version listed at £2,600 with 10k more miles) so I presume this is a good price?!

Basically what I'm asking is for any advise on where to list, anybody private etc within 60 miles of Suffolk that may be interested etc?? I don't want to put on autrotrader as I don't have the money available at the moment to pay for advertising!!

Thanks for any suggestions.

Darren

people will always pay a garage more because they think they are getting a car covered by the sale of goods act and warranties etc.

if people are looking for a cat they will look on ebay and gumtree so if it hasn't sold you are asking too much.

try relisting on ebay with a 1300 start

Might be better to move house - if you didn't live in the back of beyond and were closer to a motorway that would help!

i live on the Suffolk border it isnt that rural the closer to Norfolk you get the more expensive cars seem to be
Yeah, I worked this one out years ago - the further you go off the beaten track the higher the average price. Before we had kids and lost our lives we used to go to Cornwall 3 times a year and I decided that I could make a living by having a sales pitch down there selling cars bought down from home and make a tidy profit. If only I'd had the money!

Having looked at your classified ad on here (not seen your eBay one), a few pointers if I may?

Beef up the description. It's vague, doesn't show what it has as standard.
MOT & Service history. Is there any? What has it had done during your ownership?
Condition of car. Inside and out, you mention paint flaking, but no pictures showing the affected areas.
Pictures sell cars. No really, they do. A good wash and photographing will help sell. You need at least one photo for each side of the car, a couple of the interior, boot space, and engine bay. Also photograph any damage and note this in the description.

If people are going to travel a long way to see/buy the car, they will want as much info as possible before they make a decision to travel the distance.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Back