Technical Selecta clutch trouble

Currently reading:
Technical Selecta clutch trouble

74spider

Hi All,

My Punto Selecta is making some serious noises under the bonnet and juddering to a halt when I brake. Also it's sometimes very difficult to select drive or reverse and it's crunching in.
I'm told the powder clutch has gone and it's £600 for a new one plus fitting. Can anyone verify this approximate cost for me please ?

Also, there must be some sources of used parts from broken Puntos. Does anyone have any details please ?

Much obliged.

Paul. :)

Dave,

Many thanks for the advice.

Any pointers on how to check the brushes for the wear indicator line please ?

Much obliged.

Regards,

Paul.

OK.

After some much appreciated advice I've dug out the Haynes and had a look. The brushes are fine with plenty of wear left and the selector cable adjustment is also spot on.

My main problem is the clutch is snatching as it tries to disengage when I pull up to a stop in forward or reverse.

Could it be anything else other than a new clutch unit ? How about an ecu for the clutch as it's OK the rest of the time i.e. in normal driving. Little bit noisy occasionally in Park or Neutral.

Much obliged in advance,

Paul. :cool:

you could have a look at the switch on the accelerator pedal as this gives the ecu the signal to drive, if it is faulty it will be continually trying to drive hence the grinding noise, a diagnostic test by fiat should be able to tell if it is faulty.DON'T drive your car as this will cause more damage to the clutch, it cost me just short of 2 grand to get mine fixed.
74spider said:
OK.

After some much appreciated advice I've dug out the Haynes and had a look. The brushes are fine with plenty of wear left and the selector cable adjustment is also spot on.

My main problem is the clutch is snatching as it tries to disengage when I pull up to a stop in forward or reverse.

Could it be anything else other than a new clutch unit ? How about an ecu for the clutch as it's OK the rest of the time i.e. in normal driving. Little bit noisy occasionally in Park or Neutral.

Much obliged in advance,

Paul. :cool:

Back