Tuning Seicento

Currently reading:
Tuning Seicento

But which ones work to a reasonable standard for the cost, I guess I would want to take the lean out of the car on cornering and allow it to grip better. Also noticed lately I may need new back brakes so makes sense to do these at the same time. Want it to look as standard as possible at the finish (all black). If you have some names and where I could buy them (springs etc) that would be great. Thanks Blu

well i got 40mm all round which i think is perfect balance of cornering, looks and actually being able to drive it about and not catch the underside..

Simply loads of places you can get them. Google is your friend ;) Just have a look on a load of sites and find the cheapest price for what you want. What brand is best is down to personal preference, i got spax stuff on my car and i rate it highly but thats not to say its the best or anything.

i agree with blu, I have -60mm springs, and i catch all the time, cornering is nice and you do lose bodyroll etc. if you go with that recommended to get shortended shocks otherwise your standard ones would be fubared!!
if you wanna go round bends quicker, why not upgrade your brakes to something like GT brakes - brake late at the corners, accelerate out of them... ;)

(on a race track)

I have no preferrence as I have no idea what I am talking about, so Spax is as good as anything and as you have tried it, I will look them up. Thanks

F1A7 I will change my brakes as well as that seems like a good plan, which GT brakes are good and should I change the back to discs?

And which one of you are free to do this lol

I have an 02 Sei SX i had planned on getting the sporting bumpers (Front and Rear) and a little lip spoiler. Mine is orange so i am going to spray the center plate thing (where the hazards and others are) in orange aswell, that might look tasty.. :D

Easy for you to say, I've never been a car tinkerer. Perhaps I need a mechanic with a brain, to date I havent found one of those.

You have to ask yourself the simple question; do you want a fast car or do you want a fast cento?

i want to go round corners faster. Any advise on what to buy would be appreciated

No in all seriousness though for a PGT brake setup its pretty easy.
Fronts: buy some PGT calipers (GT3's are generally the chosen type), clean em, new seals, paint em.
Its just a case of swapping them over with the original front calipers and adding bigger discs. Have to be under 14" wheels.
Best to redo brake pipes at the same time, add some braided hoses and replace pipes with size 3/16 copper nickel pipes.
Though this may sound daunting its actually really easy, such a wealth of knowledge on the forum as well.

Rears is a little bit trickier; get some PGT calipers (others work too, see guide link at the bottom of this post). Get some mounting brackets made up:
I bought a set the other month from Signwerx. £40 including all bolts and delivery.
Drop them an email: [email protected]
http://www.signwerx.co.uk
Clean them, new seals, paint them.
Add new brake pipes and braded hoses again. Job jobbed.

Though this may sound daunting its really not that hard. If you can get your car off the road and have time to get the car out of the way and not be used.
Where abouts in the UK are you?
Front Brake guide - https://www.fiatforum.com/cinquecento-seicento-guides/297507-punto-gt-brake-conversion.html
Rear Guides - https://www.fiatforum.com/cinquecento-seicento-guides/153834-rear-disk-conversion.html
https://www.fiatforum.com/cinquecento-seicento-guides/172993-rear-disc-brake-conversion-ii.html

IMG_02106.JPG

Nasty looking front brakes

IMG_05961.JPG

All cleaned and prep'd

IMG_07612.JPG

Arms, after cleaning and grinding.

IMG_03233.JPG

Rear Calipers.

IMG_02994.JPG

Mounting brackets for rears. (come with all fittings)

IMG_07565.JPG

Rears Cleaned.

IMG_07632.JPG

Brakes all cleaned.

IMG_07743.JPG

First Coat

IMG_09784.JPG

Multiple Coats

DSC002486.JPG

Front brake conversion finished

IMG_10591.JPG

Mounting plates on the rear.

IMG_10581.JPG

Completed set up

IMG_10571.JPG

Any questions? :p

Pirus

WOW Pirus, thanks for this, I could in theory have a go but I currently have 2 issues.
1) I have just moved and have a fair bit of work the wife thinks is more important (this stuff I can do)
2) I have bad thumbs after an accident 5 years ago which on bad days affect the grip.
However I aint no ***** and still do stuff that I perhaos shouldn't and would live to try and surely would be easier when doing it with this info. My current brakes I have killed so need this done urgently unless I put in standards and do this all later.

I am in Romford, Essex if you know of anyone and the brakes dont need to be sprayed bright red, not the look I am after. Want the whole car to be discreet and black when I am done.

Back