Seicento Seicento Sporting Pick-up

Currently reading:
Seicento Seicento Sporting Pick-up

jaybryson67

Hi, new on here, thought id post a thread on the project im doing.

bought a Sei Sporting for 150 and decided to make it a pick up, currently 80% complete, thought and suggestions appreciated. i will load a few pictures too.

:)

Attachments

• Picture 025.jpg
    Picture 025.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 119
  • Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 121
  • Picture 026.jpg
    Picture 026.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 126
  • Picture 028.jpg
    Picture 028.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 112
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 102
  • Picture 020.jpg
    Picture 020.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 123
I have made several horizontal supports under the bed and also made a frame under the bed which all in all works as a shell support and the bed is welded to it, there is also a frame behind the seats which the back board is welded to.

Waiting on my 13" ultralite alloys coming which will be powder coated orange and the car is going matt black.

The reason I haven't lengthened the bed is the same reason I made it a 'pick up', the hilarity of seein a small car changed to a pick up appeals to me!

And as far as I'm aware the car will have to go through a BIVA (basic individual vehicle assessment) to make sure it's structurally sound and safe for the road

Yeah that is true, the main reason behind building this is to participate in the Monte Carlo or Bust road rally,but now I have came round to the idea of keeping it and possibly drop a punto gt turbo engine into it

I'm with fingers on this one, makes no sense to me that people who do this go to all the effort of chopping it up and then not extend it... They just look weird IMO, all the proportions are wrong.. Needs cutting completely in half at the b-pillare and a section putting in infront of the rear wheels so it all looks right.

And why have i never seen one that has utilised the top bit of the boot thats been cut off as the bit that goes behind the front seats, if you did that you'd still have a window as well. Could even hinge it or make the window so it can wind down.

All that said, hope it gets finished and not just thrown away like so many of these pickup projects do, be interesting to see what the final weight will be, i suspect it will end up quite a bit heavier than a normal one.

Last edited:
Weighed it before I chopped and was 740kg, so lookin at 800kg target, also have a Perspex window to put it the back which funnily enough is on a lock and hinge, the bed is also going to open up suicide style so can utilise the use if the space underneath, looking to have the project finished within 2 weeks so plenty updates will come

Yeah that is true, the main reason behind building this is to participate in the Monte Carlo or Bust road rally,but now I have came round to the idea of keeping it and possibly drop a punto gt turbo engine into it

PGT engine (you'll need the box, too) is possible, but needs an aweful lot of fabrication: all the mounts, linkeages, probably the driveshafts, need to be bespoke.

Very crude, heavy old lumps, but with the right internals and charger capable of well over 200bhp per litre. If you ever thought the Poles were crazy..............[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlSVjDCvzfA]click[/ame]

Last edited:
Would prefer a 16v but unsure of which engine would fit and really would like a turbo'd engine in it :/

Yeah turbo a 1.1 would be funny actually, would struggle to even fit a t15 surely?

Back